Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Preview of Inventor Models

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bill.Schmid
477 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Preview of Inventor Models

When I look at a preview of an Inventor model in Vault Pro 2014, it's starts out viewing from the front and it's zoomed so far in you can't tell what you're looking at.  If I click the Home icon next to the view cube, nothing changes.  So I checked out one of the models and tried it in Inventor.  Home is an isometric view, same as always, and it's zoomed out so I can view the whole model.

Why won't the Vault 2014 preview show the default home view like it did in 2013?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Has anyone found a way to resolve this issue?

Message 3 of 4

This issue was just brought to my attention.   Anybody found a solution?   I can reproduce it in Vault Pro 2014 and 2015R2.

Here's what I found..

If I check an Inventor model into Vault, the DWF of the model is in the correct home/iso view/zoom extents.   If I update the visualization file within Vault either by local or through the job processor, the resulting DWF is shown in the front view and zoomed in based on some scale.  If I hit the home position of the view cube, nothing changes.   But if I look at the Inventor file (within Inventor), the home position is correct.  If you look at the DWF in design review, under the view tab, the starting view has been modified (compare to a DWF created by Inventor).

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 4
support
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Has anyone found a way to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Alessio

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report