Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Plugin for MicroStation available on Autodesk Labs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scott.sheppard
1157 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Plugin for MicroStation available on Autodesk Labs

For people who work in mixed environments, there is a Vault Plugin for MicroStation available as a free technology preview on Labs.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/vault_plugin/

Please try it and post your comments to this thread.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

We've gotten some great feedback via email. Thanks for that, but if you post to this forum, others can see the questions as well as the answers.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
egiese
in reply to: scott.sheppard

I've encountered a few behaviors with this that I wanted to bring up...

1) When checking a file back in to the Vault using the plug-in and then I review the status in Vault Collaboration Tool, the status is shown as Edited Out of Turn, which is unexpected behavior.

2) Checking out a file does not work as expected within the plugin. I would recommend combining Open and Check Out similar to what is provided with in the VCT (Get/Checkout).

3) General opening of .dgn files has been goofed up on my system with the installation of the plugin. I do not want this behavior as our users run workspaces that are specially designed to run with ease when opening dgns. Is there a command that is being passed to ustation.exe that could be causing this that I can simply disable?

Thanks,

Eddie

Message 4 of 4
scott.sheppard
in reply to: egiese

Thank you for noting these behaviors. Feedback like yours is what we hope to receive when we conduct technology previews.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report