Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault plug in for SolidWorks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jtwachter
541 Views, 3 Replies

Vault plug in for SolidWorks

Does anyone have experience with the new Vault Pro 2015 SolidWorks plug in?

We have legacy Inventor files and Vault 2010 and wish to upgrade.

We are also using SolidWorks 2013 and need to manage those files.

We have seats of EPDM but find the revision management to be cumbersome.  Certainly a step back from Vault.

So, back to my original question, does anyone have experience with the new Vault Pro 2015 SolidWorks plug in?

Any issues?

Does it treat files any differently than Inventor files?

Does the plug-in handle 2014 SW files?

Thanks,

John

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olearya
in reply to: jtwachter

Hi John, 

The Vault Professional 2015 SWX add-in supports up to version 2014.  The integration behaves similarly to Autodesk Inventor with some limitations around things like copy design etc.

Please see additional documentation on the add-in here: http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-C262B695-102C-48B1-8F4B-83EEDED67DB5

Hope this helps

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
jtwachter
in reply to: olearya

Thanks for the information.

I had already received this link from my reseller.

The information seemed a bit thin in the "known Issues" section and does not mention anything about the copy design issue.  Please explain this copy design issue.

Sorry for being a pain but I really do not want to support 2 separate PDM systems.

Thanks,

John

Message 4 of 4
olearya
in reply to: jtwachter

Hey John,

The readme documentation should contain an overview of known limitations.  In terms of copy design, as Vault stands today we do not have an extension handler that permits you to open a SWX assembly in copy design for example, copy it with all its drawing references and rename etc.  We encourage users to leverage the existing SWX copy tool for this.

There are a few other specific areas too relating to the way we handle family parts or create DWF files that, while this all works, differs from Inventor, so its important to set the correct expectation for the integration with users and I would say the best approach is to set up a small test environment to ensure that the integration behaves as you expect.

Regards,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report