Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault plug in for Solidworks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
David.kimberley
2056 Views, 16 Replies

Vault plug in for Solidworks

Hi all,

Does anyone have a definitive list of which releases of Autodesk Vault Professional are required for which releases of Solidworks?

Thanks in advance,

David

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: David.kimberley

autodesk only provides the Vault Pro 2014 plug in on there exchange app store

Vault 2014 Integration for Solidworks 2012

Vault 2014 Integration for Solidworks 2013

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
David.kimberley
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,

Thanks for that. Is there currently no Plug in for Vault Professional to run with Solidworks 2014 then?

Regards,

David

Message 4 of 17
DarrenP
in reply to: David.kimberley

i don't think so

i think solidworks 2014 came out after Vault 2014 did so you probably won't see one until Vault Pro 2015

but that is just a guess

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 17
olearya
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Gents, 

The Vault Professional 2015 add-in for SWX is now available to subscription customers via the Autodesk Appstore and presently in subscription center.  

Please see the read me for details of supported OS and SWX versions.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 17
scottmoyse
in reply to: olearya

@olearya wrote:

Hi Gents, 

The Vault Professional 2015 add-in for SWX is now available to subscription customers via the Autodesk Appstore and presently in subscription center.  

Please see the read me for details of supported OS and SWX versions.

Score!! thats a much better delivery time than in previous years, great work!

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 7 of 17
Dan_Margulius

Hi,
Vault add in in SW does not look for SW drawings on check in of assembly.
Only the drawing of the main assembly gets picked.
Please solve this issue.
Thanks
Dan
Message 8 of 17
scottmoyse
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

@Dan_Margulius wrote:
Hi,
Vault add in in SW does not look for SW drawings on check in of assembly.
Only the drawing of the main assembly gets picked.
Please solve this issue.
Thanks
Dan

Good one for the Ideastation.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 9 of 17
olearya

Hi Dan, 

Have added your request to the wishlist, as Scott mentions though its always a good idea to add this type of request to the ideastation, to make sure it gets additional support and exposure.

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 17
Dan_Margulius

Hello Allan,
Thank you for the reply. I put it on the idea station but i doubt that there are many people in the world who would connect SW to Vault pro. Only mad people would do such a thing 🙂
Actually big companies do it because of the mix CAD environent and not all of them vote here. This is a basic functionality that should be provided and not left out. Because vault does not check in SW drawing the company now wants to implement EPDM system. it puts more strain on them.
Dan
Message 11 of 17
scottmoyse

If you put a link in this thread to it, then when people find this, they will likely go and vote for your idea. 😉

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 12 of 17

Hi Dan,

I was not aware of this gap in functionality.

I will raise this with our account manager.

Thanks,

David

Message 13 of 17

Hello David,
This is not the only gap. In inventor browser I can customize and show properties from vault directly in the browser, like version numbers of each part. In SW I cant do that. These are very serious issues and need to be adressed.
I hope we can see some upgrades in this matter.
Thanks
Dan
Message 14 of 17
olearya

Hi Gents, 

To be clear on this - the SWX add-in is behaving as designed.  Wherever possible we develop integrations to behave consistently and we provide development frameworks to simplify this but it is not always possible to implement the same behavior across different products due to API limitations etc. 

Your wishes here have been recorded and this is something we can look to address in future releases but there will likely always be differences between how Autodesk products are implemented vs 3rd party tools.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 15 of 17
jgm
Participant

Hi Allan. The link to the Solidworks ad-in is broken, and can’t be found in Sub Center. Any alternatives?

Jens - CADQ
Message 16 of 17
mflayler2
in reply to: jgm

Not only is it gone from Sub Center and the App Store, it needs another feature that is missing as well.

In the traditional Autoloader for Vault you have and EXPORT button to create a report.  This is imperative for large companies doing large data loads.  It is missing in the SolidWorks Autoloader.  Allan, this is preventing a certain large company of yours from loading data effectively from a SolidWorks division.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 17 of 17
olearya
in reply to: mflayler2

Thanks Mark,

Will take a look at that for future releaaes.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report