Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Mirror fails (filename too long???)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
karthur1
887 Views, 8 Replies

Vault Mirror fails (filename too long???)

Been running vault mirror on my database just fine.  Moved to a new server and getting this setup again.  When I run the vaultmirror.exe and perform a Full mirror, I get the attached error.  Seems that the filename is too long for vault mirror.  The complete path to the file is this:

C:\Mirror\Vault\Designs\Drawings\FMI Jobs\Proposal\Elevator\Load Cell Bracket Assembly\AIP\Stress Analysis\{B579070A-83C7-4B9D-AB1C-CB22A9A7652A}\Brep_0\Load Cell Bracket Assembly_wiz_{C11012A9-D97D-4341-BE95-67269C2872E5}.fwiz

When I try to copy the .fwiz file using windows explorer, I get an error that says "Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect."

Any ideas on why this file will not copy?

full_mirror.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Redmond.D
in reply to: karthur1

This is a Windows limitation.  You can't have a Windows path more than 260 characters.  I suggest shortening the file name, shortening the folder name or re-arranging the folder structure.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
karthur1

Doug,

On one server that is running Windows Server 2003, the vault mirror was able to copy this file.  I just looked at the vault mirror folder on it and it is there with the long filename.  Now I am setting up a server that is running windows server 2008 and it fails.  Not exactly sure why.

Would be good if Autodesk would change the long filename that they are creating with the AIP\Stress Analysis\{B579070A-83C7-4B9D-AB1C-CB22A9A7652A}\Br​ep_0\Load Cell Bracket Assembly_wiz_{C11012A9-D97D-4341-BE95-67269C2872E5​}.fwiz folder name and filename.  Do they really need this ridiculously long name?

Message 4 of 9
mbodnar

Hi

I agree, we have a client here that has placed files that have been created by the Inventor FEA into Vault and they are actually trying to rename the root folder to something that is shorter, not longer and it's coming up with the 256 characters path being too long. What is strange is that the path is getting shorter not longer.

The Inventor FEA should be creating a shorter path by default, the way it currently creates it is prone to these types of issues

Max B

Message 5 of 9
Greatwhitenorth

While they're at it, they should allow the user to change some of the other Inventor generated file & folder names.  For example, I'd like to set our defaults to:

"Tube and Pipe" = "TP"

"Design Accelerator" = "DA"

"Bolted Connection" = "BC"

Bob

Message 6 of 9
jacoj
in reply to: andrewop

hi

how do you use this tool with Vault mirror as the files is still in the vault and not on the C drive?

Jaco

Message 7 of 9
tmoney2007
in reply to: jacoj

You aren't going to get much out of that guy. He's just googling "path too long" and posting links to his program in any forum that he finds.

Message 8 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: jacoj

@Anonymous wrote:

hi

how do you use this tool with Vault mirror as the files is still in the vault and not on the C drive?

Jaco

Jaco,

What "tool" are you refering to?

Kirk

Message 9 of 9
jacoj

Hi Gerhard

Ek het nie notification gekry van PG0014 om dit te create nie,
Sal met Pieter gesels

Kind Regards

Jaco Jansen van Rensburg
Drawing Office Administrator
ELB ENGINEERING SERVICES
Direct: +27 (0) 11 317 3629
Cell: +27 (0) 83 321 0544
Fax: +27 (0) 11 325 6680
Web: www.elb.co.za
ENGINEERED SOLUTIONS for LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS

Confidentiality Caution: This email and all its contents are subject to the ELB disclaimer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report