Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault language pack

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
braeuchler
3375 Views, 9 Replies

Vault language pack

Helo I'm triyng to install language pack for Vault 2013, I can not find one.

At the moment I have the german Vault installed. For Inventor an Mechanical I have the german version with the english language pack.

If I start the english AutoCAD Mechnanical, the Vault Ribbon is shown as below. So it's not possible to checkin and checkout. I tried to use an other VaAc.cuix already, without any changes.

Bild 070.jpg

Thanks for help

regards

Bernd

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
olearya
in reply to: braeuchler

Hi Bernd,

From the Vault 2013 readme:

Supported Client Language Configurations

Any client meeting the following criteria can work with any server of any language meeting the server criteria below. Client language and server language do not need to match.

• The Autodesk Vault client is supported on operating systems of the following languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese.
  • An English language Vault client is supported on all supported non-English language operating system.
  • A non-English Vault client must match the language of the operating system.
  • The Vault Basic client and add-ins are localized into Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese.
  • The language of the Autodesk Vault Basic CAD add-in must be the same language as the CAD application.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
braeuchler
in reply to: olearya

Hello Allan,

thank you for the answer.

Anyway there is the problem that the vault plugin in in the english version from the native german AutoCAD Mechanical version doesn't works. So it's not possible to check in or check out inside of AutoCAD Mechanical.

You can see this behavior at the picture with the empty ribbon.I could face this prblem on different PC's.

Regards

Bernd

Message 4 of 10
olearya

HI Bernd,

Apologies, but it seems as though you are trying to install the English version of the addin on a German version of ACADM?   Is that correct?

If so this is not supported - for the German version of ACADM you need the German Vault add in.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10
braeuchler

Hello Allan,

no I didn't install the english addin in. But if I start Mechanical with the english language pack, the menu Vault is without commands, as you see in the picture before. It would be ok, if the german commands will appearing here. 

I tried already to choose another VAAC.cuix without success....( from the english and from the german useres dirctory:

C:\Users\bb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\autocad mechanical 2013 - german\r19.0\deu\support 

C:\Users\bb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\autocad mechanical 2013 - english\r19.0\enu\support

Thank you for help!

Best Regards

Bernd

Message 6 of 10
olearya

Hi Bernd,

Inventor and Mechanical must be in German to see the Vault language - it will not appear, if you switch the language.

Vault doesn't have separate language packs like Inventor.

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 10
loesche1

Hello Allan!

Does your answer mean that one always has to install the Vault in the same language that Mechanical is used in?

If it is so, the possibilty to use language packs for Mechanical is not as useful as it seemed before.

The situation we are facing is the following:

- a company located in germany

- the Vault server is installed in german language edition

- the Product Design Suite and therefore the Vault is installed in german on the clients as most guys are working in their mother tongue environment

- on every workstation the english language pack is installed as we are working with international subsidaries, sharing screens or having their support by guys working locally in germany with the english environment

How can we ensure that the possibilty to work with Vault is given?

On my machine I have a slightly different installation:

- connected to the german Vault server

- Product Design Suite including Vault Basic installed in english with the german language pack

Within the english Mechanical ribbon I find the german Vault icons.

And within the german Mechanical (language pack) I only find an empty ribbon menu???

Can you guess the reason for this language confusion???

Is there a possibilty to setup two Vault installations instead of the missing Vault language pack?

Best regards,

Lars

Message 8 of 10
olearya
in reply to: loesche1

Hi Lars,

This is correct

Unfortunately as Vault does not currently support language switching I do not believe we have a work around.  I strongly suspect you would not be able to install different language versions of the products side by side.

Language switching is something we are looking to support in the future.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 10
^_^clovis^_^

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. The main company is German but in The Netherlands we're using English for all softwares.

I can switch the language for Autocad (Mechanical) the same for inventor but the plug-in for Vault remains German which is highly disturbing

Please drop a message when an update for this plug-in is available

Thanks for the support

Yours

Clovis

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Hello Bernd,

we have the same problem since the last years, a easy but not realy nice option is, to install German VLT Basic  after your English Mechanical installation, now your Ribbons exists in your Mechanical German Language Pack  installation also in German.

1. Install PDSU in EN

2. Install add LP (DE)

3. Install Vault Prof. in EN

4. Install VLT Basic in DE only if German LP is needet.

Best Regards

Bernd

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report