Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Job Processor error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
PVT_Stewie
1969 Views, 10 Replies

Vault Job Processor error

has anybody run across this error before...

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C343ED84-A129-11D3-B799-0060B0F159EF} failed due to the following error: 8007007f The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F).

Where does it come from? and How do you fix it?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
olearya
in reply to: PVT_Stewie

Hey CG,

Could be a number of things - can you shed a little bit more light on when you are seeing the issue?

What version of Vault are you running?

What job type is causing this issue (sync properties / publish)

What file type is it running on?

What CAD software is available on the machine?

Is it reproducible on other machines?

Is it reproducible against different file / file types?

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 11
PVT_Stewie
in reply to: PVT_Stewie

I've resolved it.

The computer I was running Job Processor on was a laptop, the account was not logged in as Administrator.  I stopped the local Job Processor, re-submitted the files and re-started them and started the process on a different computer that was logged in as administrator.  No problems after that was done.

Message 4 of 11
david_coulam
in reply to: olearya

Message 5 of 11
olearya
in reply to: david_coulam

Hi David, 

Can I get you to try this on another machine acting as job processor and make sure Inventor runs OK on that PC.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 11
david_coulam

We have Job Processor running on a virtual machine.  It recently was upgraded to 2016.  Inventor seems to run fine. If an old version of Inventor is on the machine, is there anything preventing it from trying to process 2016 file in an old Inventor version, or is the Job Processor smart enough to use the latest version?

I am also running it on my local workstation.  Inventor works fine there, too.  It appears all the errors were on the virtual machine, though.

Message 7 of 11
olearya

Hi David, 

So I understand, the virtual machine has Vault 2016 with job processor, Inventor 2016 and an older version of Inventor?  You may occasionally see some registration issues with more than one build installed. I would certainly look at removing it and test.

Are you also saying that your local machine job processor works OK?  

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 11
david_coulam

The virtual machine has Vault 2016 and Inventor 2016 and is the primary job processor.  My local machine has Vault 2016, Inventor 2016, and Inventor 2014.  It is a secondary job processor.  I have not seen the same errors on the local machine.JobServerQueue2015-12-16.PNG

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 11
olearya

Hey David, 

Unfortunately I cannot read anything in your image due to resolution, but fortunately it appears your issues are machine related - We can try some other basic test on the VM like restarting machine, running Inventor and accessing files from Vault or logging onto the jobprocessor machine as a different user but it may be worth while creating a support case to dig deeper into the issues.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 11
david_coulam

Thanks.  After logging in as another user, I can dodge that error and process the jobs.  I will look into support for the other user account.

Message 11 of 11
olearya

Ah good - this may just be an issue with the user profile - you may be able to reset the bad profile and try again 

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report