Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault functions happen locally.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kprom
216 Views, 2 Replies

Vault functions happen locally.

I'm not sure if this a question, bug report or suggestion, but here it is.  We use Vault to manage all our jobs.  I work in house and remotely through a VPN.  In house things work OK, but remotely it can be pretty slow, so I was curious why.  I noticed one thing when doing a copy design:  Basically to do a copy design, which is a vault only operation, you have to download everything, then the computer does the work locally, then it is uploaded back into vault.  This seems like a terribly inefficient way to do this.  Couldn't this be done within Vault?  The strangest part is, since it happens in a temp folder, or in ram. you still have to "get" the new files.  Why can't I just use those files that apparently have been copied locally?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mikel_martin
in reply to: kprom

There are many reasons why Copy Design was built this way (nearly 10 years ago).

I would also like to see this changed in the future.

Who knows maybe someday we will. Smiley Wink

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
brendan.henderson
in reply to: kprom

Sounds like a good suggestion for the Vault IdeaStation. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-IdeaStation/idb-p/2

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report