Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault for SharePoint 2010 - List Settings

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
psaarloos
648 Views, 5 Replies

Vault for SharePoint 2010 - List Settings

Hi,

I have been playing around with the Vault for SharePoint integration quite a lot lately and I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to have two different site collections in my SharePoint environment, where each Site Collection has access to a different Vault (on the same ADMS? Right now, I only have been able to get to the VaultSettings page 'globally'.

2) After adding a VaultFileList to a SharePoint site, I goto the 'Edit View' page to change the 'Data Source Filters' settings for that view. In the 'Vault Folder' property I fill in a certain folder path, but the view doesn't seem to do anything with it when I specify more than two levels in the path.

It seems to work when I use:

$/Documents/Projects

It doesn't work when I use:

$/Documents/Projects/00 - Inpakmachine

Is there a limitation on the amount of folder levels I can point to? (I really don't hope so!)

Regards,

Pim Saarloos

Regards,
Pim Saarloos
Product Manager
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. Kudos are much appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Redmond.D
in reply to: psaarloos

Is it possible to have two different site collections in my SharePoint environment, where each Site Collection has access to a different Vault (on the same ADMS?

My guess is no, but there is something you can do to know for sure.  If you have multiple sites, each one will have a VaultSettings page.  If you change data on one page, I think you will see the updated information on the other page.

Is there a limitation on the amount of folder levels I can point to?

No, there are no limitations on folder levels.  Double check that the path is valid.  If you mis-type a path, the integration treats it the same as a blank folder name, and all folders are used.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
bpettus

Doug,

Was curious if you had any thoughts on a folder question. With Sharepoint we are allowed to enter a Vault Folder as a Data Source Filter. Is it possible to enter multiple folder locations (possibly separated by boolean operators?) We are using the Vault/Buzzsaw Sync and in order to sync folders with Consultants we have to physically move them to another location in our Vault (the synced folder) with a link in the original location so as to limit the volume of files transferred (syncing only allowed on a single folder currently) So when we point our links in Sharepoint, we would like to say look in this folder "or" another depending on the current state of the project. Active projects reside in the synced location whereas inactive reside in the archive however we still want non-cad users to be able to access the files from the same Sharepoint project workspace

thanks,

Message 4 of 6
Redmond.D
in reply to: bpettus

Sorry, the SharePoint integration only allows one Vault folder per list.  Multiple folders is a good idea for future releases.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Redmond.D

Ok,  resurrecting this old thread because I am having the same problem.  Was there ever any resolution to this?

I have been messing with filters for days now, and it does not matter what folder or string of folders I enter in the Data Filter... my results are always the entire vault in no particular order.  I have changed the search result limits, setting it higher and lower, no difference.  And this one is really strange.  I removed any folder references in the filter, and added filters to show only if NAME contained .idw or .dwg.  The only result that gave me was one .idw, randomly buried several folders deep in my project explorer.  Why this one file, from this one location?  What gives?

When modifying views in Item Master list, I can successfully narrow it down to show only drawing files of a particular job number.  What might I be doing wrong that I cannot seem to narrow down the File list?  And why do my Vault Searches always come up empty?  Is this related somehow?

Message 6 of 6
cbenner

Changing the permissions on the SharePoint Vault user seems to have fixed the problem with using the Folder filters.  I made the user a member of a Group which has read/write permissions to view folder contents in Project Explorer.  Out of the box with the default permissions listed in the integration instructions was not enough because of internal security settings in my Vault. 

Now... to figure out why I still cannot get search results from anything......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report