Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault folders for images attached to AutoCAD drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dlconsulting
340 Views, 1 Reply

Vault folders for images attached to AutoCAD drawings

I'm wondering how you can control the folder(s) within Vault that received JPG images attached to AutoCAD drawings.  Here's the scenario:

1) User attaches a small JPG.  Say it's full path name is C:\stds\jpegimages\XXX\myimage.jpg

2) User checks his AutoCAD drawing into Vault into the "ABC" folder.

When the user does this, a folder named "XXX" is created under the ABC folder.  Somehow, Vault is assuming that a) I don't want it in the ABC folder (true) and b) that I must want it in a folder named XXX (not true).  There is a folder in which these images are supposed to be placed; it's just not XXX.

Any suggestions on how to control the creation of this folder?

Note an alternative I suppose would be if the AutoCAD "imageattach" command could source images from Vault, but I don't see any obvious way to do this either.

Dan

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
junyi_zhu
in reply to: dlconsulting

You may want to take a look of the discussion below. It's about checking in .dwg xref on a network drive into a vault library folder.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/XREF-and-Support-paths-Query/m-p/3239428#M39659

If you can provide the folder structure of the drawing files and the vault working folder, there might be other ways to get what you want.

"Attach from Vault" command sources image (among a few other file types) from vault.

Junyi Zhu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report