Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Folder/Files Replication

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
santoshr0114
688 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Folder/Files Replication

Dear All,

How to turn on the Vault Replication.

I went through the process and followed the same provided in Autodesk Vault Help and was successfull in doing it for one server.

But when i tried the same for another server its giving me error. Then i check in ADMS Console and found that the replication was turned off for that server(ScreenShot of the ADMS Console Screen shich says the Replciation is OFF).

How to enable that option?

I am using Vault 2013 professional with SQL Server 2008 Standard R2.

I want to replicate(Few Fodlers) with Vault Professional 2013 with SQL Express

Regards

Regards
Santosh
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Santosh,
SQL Replication is not supported with SQL Express version.
If you want to have sql replication it is needed you have the same version and hotfix/sp status on both servers.

please see here the system requirements.
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...
BR
Hannes

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 3 of 5

Dear Johannes,

Thank you for your reply.

The scenario earlier was both has SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard, it was easy and possible.

The Current scenario is:

Server 1:

Vault 2013 Professional

SQL Server 2008 Standard R2

Server 2:

Vault 2013 Professional

SQL Server Express 2008

Now i need to replicate(One-Side replication) few folders from server 1 to server 2.

This is the current scenario.

Is this possible?

Regards

Regards
Santosh
Message 4 of 5

Hi Santosh,
Database replication will not be possible - see the link earlier:
Replication Requirements

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard & Enterprise Edition (SP2 or SP3) (32-bit or 64-bit)
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard & Enterprise Edition (SP1) (32-bit or 64-bit)

For Files and Folder replication please see the help here:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-D8678874-4839-41AD-BD58-226AF3862D3D

But you will need to connect server 2 to the database of server 1, since no database replication is in place.

you can do that in web.config in the C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS <edition> <year>\Server\Web\Services directory
by changing <server value="servername\AutodeskVault" />

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 5 of 5

Dear Johannes,

Thank you again for your reply and for the link, i have used the same link and performed test replication onother servers and was successful.

Coming your reply

1. Do you mean that replication is not Possible between SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard and SQL Server Express ?
  2. If i connect Server 2(Subsciber) to the Server 1(Publisher) database then it will be full replication. Correct me if i am wrong,

Asuming your reply to both the above is "YES", we can conclude that we cannot Replicate(Uni-Directional) Folders/Files between Vault which does not have SQL Server Standard or Enterprise Edition.

If your answer to the above is NO. Is there any other alternative where i can replicate few folders from Server 1 to Server 2 (Not Bidirectional).

Regards

Regards
Santosh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report