Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault File Replication Failed twice and I did not get any SLQ Alert

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jweiss1313
460 Views, 3 Replies

Vault File Replication Failed twice and I did not get any SLQ Alert

We just implemented Autodesk Vault 2012 at our facility in Poland, so we are not replicated from the publisher workgroup in Easton PA.  This was implemented in August.  Since then, the scheduled file replication failed.  We worked with our Autodesk reseller to setup replication monitoring, but I never received a notification that file replicaiton failed.  One time this was due to a power failure and we are unable to determine why it failed again on 10/9. The file replication fails and the ADMS still lists the past date as the next scheduled replication.  Its like it doesn't realize that that date already occured.  Both time I manually started replication in the ADMS.  Once it completed, ADMS displays the next scheduled replication date and time.  Is there some way to get an alert that file replication failed?

I do get many many SLQ replication failure alerts emailed to me concerning the database replication errors such as merge issues and timeout errors, but the database replcation appears to be working.  I get alot of merge query errors, but never during a scheduled file replication.

Can anyone tell me if I can get an email alert from SQL when FILE replication fails and how to set that up.

Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: jweiss1313

John,

Sorry but there currently isn't a way to get an alert on File replication status.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 4
jweiss1313
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hi Irvin,

That is very disappointing.  How am I supposed to know if file replication is occuring?  Right now I have an Outlook reminder to check every other week.  Sometimes Autodesk makes it very difficult to be a CAD Admin.

Please add this as a wish list item.  ADMS should monitior this and send out an error message or email to the Admin that Replication did not start and/or did not complete.  It's in the log file so it can't be that difficult to add this valuable feature.  I have more important things to do than check to see if my Vault file replication is occuring or not.

Regards, 

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have created an Idea post based on your request.

Please see it here Add Alert Notifications To Vault and vote on it.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report