Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Explorer fields not populating

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nbradbury
425 Views, 5 Replies

Vault Explorer fields not populating

Several of our parts in the Vault do not show the Part Number or Title filed in vault explorer. Sometime the drawing that is associated to the part will however show a title, and that title is driven by the part file. Does anyone know why some fields for some parts do not show up in Vault Explorer?

Regards,
Nathan
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nbradbury
in reply to: nbradbury

Autodesk, are you out there? I am still experiencing this issue.

Today I did a copy design of an assembly drawing and I coppied 13 files (parts and dwg's) and reused the rest. After copying the drawing I checked out all of the files that I made a copy of (parts and dwgs). I opened all of the copied drawings and parts. I modified the copied parts to my needs, saved them, tabbed through to the drawings, saved them, and checked each drawing in, which checked in the parts. Now when I go into Vault explorer two of the drawings do not show the part number or the title for the drawing. The part files DO show the part numbers and titles. This is becoming a big issue becasue I cannot search by part number or title anymore. See attached screen shots of the drawing and part windows.

Can someone please help me fix this issue.
Message 3 of 6
eportales

Did you find a solution for this problem? We just upgraded to 2009 and have the same issue. Vault explorer shows the properties of old migrated data but, does not show the properties of newly added or edited files.
Also, why some of the available fields under customize fields double? (two Part number fields, two description fields etc.)
I tried to attach an image to show this in .jpg, .doc, zipped and unzipped but, I keep getting the “Error reading uploaded file '{0}'.”
Message 4 of 6
nbradbury

I have not found a solution for this problem yet. I got our reseller invloved about a month ago and I still have not heard of a solution. Autodesk has a copy of several of the files that I am having problems with and they said they could duplicate the problem. That's it. They offered no solution. I have re-indexed our vault several times at the request of our reseller to find out if that would fixed the problem. After I re-index, some of the bad files get fixed but not all of them. I just vaulted several files yesterday and half of them went it without any properties. I am extremely frustrated. I can't use the where used function and I can't search the vault reliable right now. Thankfully I am jsut testing the vault to see if we want to use it with all of our production files so I only have a few thousand files in the vault right now and I palced all of them in there so I know what is in there if I need to find it.

If you find a solution please make sure you share it on this forum. I will do the same.

Regards,
Nathan
Message 5 of 6
eportales

Thank you Nathan. Unfortunately we are not in testing mode here; we have fully implemented inventor and vault for any new projects and legacy projects/parts that get revised. We are relying on the model properties and vault to control information such as Part Number, Revision Level, Description, Vendor, Stock Number, etc.
To me, the problem doesn’t seem to be file related (or maybe all the files get corrupted when I save them in IV2009). I added a new project yesterday with 27 new files and not a single one shows the properties. I revised some inventor files today and the properties disappear. The properties are still in the inventor file they just don’t show in vault explorer. What I also don’t understand is why some properties show and some don’t.
Message 6 of 6
eportales

Update……After struggling to re-index, another can of worms but, thanks to post - “Problems with re-index” Sep 15, 2008 5:25am - we were able to follow it and do a complete successful re-index and that solved our problem. Vault fields are populated now.

We have been using vault for few years and we never heard of or had to “re-index”. The joys of upgrading software!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report