Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault error while trying to use copy design for inventor parts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rr
Explorer
417 Views, 3 Replies

Vault error while trying to use copy design for inventor parts

When trying to implement copy design parts for Inventor (2008) using Vault Explorer 2008, I get the following error message: "Copy Design is not supported on non-CAD files". It copies cad files just fine. Does anyone have any idea of what the issue is?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: rr

Can these parts be opened successfully on this machine? Is there Inventor 2008 installed? Copy Design requires supported Inventor and AutoCAD based products to be installed on the machine, see readme at http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/Readme_Files/2008/Readme_Vault.htm#_Toc7

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 4
rr
Explorer
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Yes, Inventor 2008 is on the machine. Parts open and can be checked out just fine. In fact, I can even check them out thru Vault Explorer. It cannot copy design however. I have checked the permissions on this machine and they are identical to the permissions on another computer we have that is able to copy design with no problems.

Message 4 of 4
AlbertoTorres
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

I have the same problem with Profession Inventor 2011 installed on a Windows 2008 Server x64. Will not let me make copies of designs. Throw an error "Copy Design is not supported on non-CAD files"

Red is a license, and other equipment using this license (when I do not use) You can make a copy without problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report