Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault error 1455

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
PVT_Stewie
1664 Views, 25 Replies

Vault error 1455

Hi All,

I got an error message when I try to "Assign Item" to an '.iam' file.  Error 1455 has the following error message...

'The file was added in a way that did not inclue the correrct item data.'

We are currently using Vault 2013 Pro.  This is the 1st time I've run across this error.  There is nothing wrong internally with the '.iam' nor any of the other sub-assemblies.  None of the data inside is currently checked out, and all of the files are up to date.

Help.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26

I'm getting this joyous little gem of an error as well. 2 releases since the first time I got it, and it's still in the software. Vault 2014 SP1

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 22 of 26
Neil_Cross
in reply to: scottmoyse

You have my deepest sympathies.  I've since left the company I was working for at the time, we had 200,000+ items and those type of errors were consuming my entire working week, looking back I'm glad to be out of it.  Bad times.

Just out of interest, are you using file categories as well as items?

I found a very bizarre defect whereby if a document category didn't have any properties associated to it, assigning or updating an Item with a file on that category would spawn the error 1455 every single time without fail.  It trolled me for months, took me so long to get to the root of it but the error was happening hourly and literally consuming my entire working day trying to manually fix it.  After weeks of painstaking step by step troubleshooting, I found that it was because one of my document categories didn't have a property assigned to it... because I didn't want or need any.  If you make sure all your document categories have at least one property assigned to them, any property it doesn't matter what, it dramatically reduces the appearence of 1455.  Unfortunately you do need to check out/in the files to resolve it once you've done that.

I logged this with Mr O'Leary pretty swiftly and to his credit, it was resolved in the next product patch.  However, if you did have any document categories without properties assigned to them you still need to check out/in to ultimately fix it for good.  But new files would be unaffected.

Sorry if this isn't the case for you, but for me this was the cause of 90% of my hourly error 1455 occurences. 

Tags (2)
Message 23 of 26
PVT_Stewie
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi All,

I just recently got this error again.  The cause this time was created when a user checked out the main assembly and some sub-assemblies and details, but not all of the items in his tree.  Another user then checked out a sub-assembly that was being used in the 1st user's Main Assembly.  The error came up again when the 1st user attempted to check-in his Main Assembly and checked-out sub-assemblies.

The problem was resolved once the 2nd user checked-in his assembly.  The 1st user was then allowed to check-in his assembly without any errors.

This still seems to be a symptom of Properties not synchronizing.  I've noticed also that when Job Processor errors out due to Synchroizing Properties problems, those files also cause Error 1455 to come up.

Although like a previous post states, it's hard to re-create.

Hope this info helps.

Message 24 of 26
tmoney2007
in reply to: chearhuat

Are your users allowed to check inventor files into the vault by dragging and dropping them into the client?

This is a configuration decision that can be made.

When you check an inventor file into vault via the add-in, it takes the BOM information (even on parts that have no subcomponents), converts it into an XML and writes it into an attribute in the fileiteration table in the database called BOMBlob. This attribute is what the item assignment dialog uses to do its thing.

If you check an inventor file in by dragging and dropping rather than through the inventor add-in, the attribute doesn't get created, and these errors can ensue.  This can also be created if a user checks a file in from the client.

My suggestion would be, if you are using the item master be sure to check "disable check in of design files" in the admin options so that the users are required to use the add-ins to check in autocad and inventor files.

Troy

Message 25 of 26
dcoulam3
in reply to: PVT_Stewie

The cause has yet to be determined, but it can typically be resolved by removing the file assigned to the item and adding it back again. 

When assigning the item back to the file, click next on the first screen.  On the second screen, right-click in the Replace With column, and choose a replacement item.  Choose the item to which the file was previously assigned.  Once the file is back (in my case as the Primary File Link), the item should update normally.

Message 26 of 26
bspanglerQW7WW
in reply to: Neil_Cross

I have also tried checking out and checking in with no success. Where is AUTODESK on this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report