Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Content Center Not Showing 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rlantzjr
688 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Content Center Not Showing 2011

Our company just upgraded to 2011 suite.  We use the ADMS server for vault. The content center files are not showing up when you go to place them in an assembly.  I checked my application options, and it is set to "Autodesk Vault Server" in the content center tab.  I tried switching the filter list and nothing showing up at all. I know we did have our own hardware library set up, and I created another filter with "custom" for the standard organization, but still nothing.  I am not all that familiar with the inner workings of vault, i appologize if this is a stupid question. How do I get these files to show up like before? Is this something on the Inventor end, or is it relating to Vault ADMS?  Thanks.

----------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2011 Certified Associate
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rlantzjr
in reply to: rlantzjr

Ok I did go to the content center editor in inventor and migrated the library.  Now my question is the librarys that are shown in red and not being available.  These were available before because thats how things were added to our company parts library.  Anyone know how to get these to show up?

Message 3 of 5
Andy.Spivey

Have the 2011 Content Center Libraries been installed on the vault server?  From the screen shot, the issue may be that the 2011 content center libraries are not installed on the machine hosting the Vault Server application.

I have attached a screen shot for reference.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 4 of 5
rlantzjr
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Andy,

Thanks for the reply I will have to check with my IT department to see what it is that they installed on the vault server.  They did tell me that it was "migrated" and everything else should just need to be done on the client pc end.  Does the content center 2011 library files all have to be reinstalled on the server, or just migrated?  You will have to forgive me I am not all that familiar with vault on the server end. 

Message 5 of 5
Andy.Spivey

No worries - IT may be correct in that the libraries have been migrated, but for Inventor 2011 you will need to install the 2011 content center libraries (the 2010 libraries can still be attached in the Vault Server console if any Inventor 2010 clients need to access them.)

Once the 2011 libraries are installed, your project file should reflect their status with them being listed as available. 

From the screen shot you had provided, you will also want to ensure your custom libraries are ready for 2011.  From the Vault Server console, have IT open the Libraries folder and select your 2010 libraries.  Right click them and select Copy and create them for the Inventor 2011 partition (this will make them available in Inventor 2011).

Then back in Inventor, under the project file, you will see that Inventor will need to perform an update (should have a little lightning bolt icon I believe).  Use the wizard to update them and you will be all set.

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report