Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault collaboration and 3ds Max

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
mbaker
1628 Views, 30 Replies

Vault collaboration and 3ds Max

Simple question - can't seem to find any information that 3ds Max has an addin for VC, is that true? I think files can be added manually, however I concerned with an account that needs to deploy 3ds Max and VC 2011 in a full replication configuration. Concern is the 3ds Max and the effect of a manual add to the Vault?

Thanks all

mb

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

the only i see it is to check out the inventor file through inventor then import the file from your workspace into 3ds max save the file in 3ds max then check the .max file into vault

these all guesses since there is no documentation on how 3ds max and vault are supposed to work

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 31
Bill.Schmid

I had the assembly checked out and tried to import it into Max from the local Vault directory.  Vault can't find any Content Center parts or iParts.

I'm wondering if it would work better if I do a Pack and Go from Inventor?  Then I could unzip to a folder and import to Max from there.

Still, I'd like to see Autodesk ring in here with a link to a Max plug-in that would work with Vault Pro.

Message 23 of 31
ihayesjr

Bill,

If you are under a 3DS Max subscription, you will see a Vault add-in for 3DS Max as a download in the subscription center.  There is only one add-in for 3DS Max that works with all levels of Vault.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 24 of 31
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: ihayesjr

We're on subscription for the Product Design Suite Premium, which includes 3ds max design.  I go to my Autodesk Subscription page.

Capture.PNG

Nothing there.  So I click the View all available product enhancements link.  I don't trust myself to read through all the listed products, so I search "3ds" and get 6 hits on the page.

Extension for Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2013 (1)

Autodesk 3ds Max 2013 & Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2013 English Win Samples Files (2 & 3)

Subscription Advantage Pack for Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2012 (4)

Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 & Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2012 English Win Samples Files (5 & 6)

I don't know where else to look.  If I'm missing something, please say so.

Message 25 of 31
DarrenP

@ihayesjr wrote:

Bill,

If you are under a 3DS Max subscription, you will see a Vault add-in for 3DS Max as a download in the subscription center.  There is only one add-in for 3DS Max that works with all levels of Vault.

That is not true:

Note for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design Users: You must install the Autodesk
Vault Basic 2013 Plug-in for 3ds Max 2013 from the 3ds Max or 3ds Max Design
2013 Installation Wizard to make Vault Basic available from within the product.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 26 of 31
ihayesjr

Darren,

Thanks for the correction.  This must have been changed since the last time I have used it.

But as I stated before, that add-in although titled for Vault Basic, should log into Vault Pro.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 27 of 31
Bill.Schmid

But where is the add-in?

Message 28 of 31
Bill.Schmid

Filed a support request to get the download.

The 3ds Max import is working from the Pack and Go folder.

Message 29 of 31
ihayesjr
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

I will also find out what happen to it.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 30 of 31
ihayesjr

Bill,

I was told that is now a part of the standard 3DS installer.  You should see it in the menu already!

See attached!

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 31 of 31
Bill.Schmid

Thanks, Irvin.  I see it doesn't support Windows Authentication.  I'm not sure if I remember how to log in any other way.  Any chance you could refresh my memory?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report