Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault collaboration 2013 not responding and hangs during copy design

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
367 Views, 1 Reply

Vault collaboration 2013 not responding and hangs during copy design

We have one user that is experiencing issues while trying to perform a copy design on .ipt files in vault collaboration 2013.  The user has 64 bit windows 7 pro, 8 GB RAM, lots of HDD space, and a good graphics card.  This is the same desktop that all of our engineers are using, but he is the only person having this issue.

So far, i have uninstalled all autodesk software, reinstalled everything, updated with most recent service packs, and tried to install the available hotfixes.  Unfortunately, the issue remains unresolved.

During this issue, the program hangs for about 5 - 10 minutes why the copy design is "processing." The vault collaboration 2013 window displays "not responding" during this time and the blue windows circle spins as though something is happening.  Afterwards everything starts working normally again.  These are not large .ipt files and they do not contain numerous parts so i don't understand why this person is experiencing the problem.  I cannot find errors in the server logs. 

I noticed that when the copy design is processing, there is a temp file created in the user's c:\temp directory. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
4donwan4
in reply to: Anonymous

It is hard to start what might be the cause as this would be OS related. There are too many variables to think of. Because of the non-responsiveness to the application usually it would net a .net framework, video driver, another installed piece of software possible third party installed with or without integration to Autodesk. You could be chasing your tail for a while on this one. I would format the system and install corporate image and Autodesk software only to see if it works, or really the essentials, MS Office is needed.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report