Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Collaboration 2010 - Error in retrieving external reference data

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rdgodette2
992 Views, 9 Replies

Vault Collaboration 2010 - Error in retrieving external reference data

I did a copy design on some AutoCAD drawings and checked them out to make some changes. When I try to check them back into the Vault I get the following error message: "Error in retrieving external reference data" and I can't check them in. There are no xrefs in the drawings and there never have been. I went to the original drawings, opened them in AutoCAD and checked them out. When I try to check them in I get the same message.

I then checked out a drawing that was working fine the last time I worked on it about a month ago and I am getting the same message.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Rollin

Dell Precision T3500

Intel Xeon W3580 @ 3.33 GHz 3.33GHz

12 GB RAM

Windows Vista Business 64-bit OS

NVIDIA Quadro FX4800

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jshipley
in reply to: rdgodette2

Did you ever figure this out?  I am getting this same error.

thanks

Message 3 of 10
rmitchell.deka

I am also having the same issue.  I have not found anything on the web to help with this.  It is very frustrating .... I have work to check in.

Message 4 of 10
ScGibbs
in reply to: rmitchell.deka

I am also getting the same error with Autocad 2014 & Vault Basic.

Anyone got an answer

Autodesk......Want to respond since theres no solution out there?

Message 5 of 10
erik.jansen
in reply to: ScGibbs

One of our customers just submitted a ticket with the same error using AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 & Vault basic 2012

Message 6 of 10
barry.ashcroft

just had same errorerror-vault.JPG

Message 7 of 10
info
in reply to: barry.ashcroft

My customer just informed the similar problem: AutoCAD file won't check in with error "Error in retrieving external reference data."

Has anyone solved this problem?

/matti

Message 8 of 10
jon.overbeek
in reply to: info

Is there any update on this problem.  I had a customer today with the same problem that said they "cannot check in AutoCAD files from within Vault. Even when I have a fresh AutoCAD file, I get this error. I checked the reference tool pallet and do not have any external references."

Message 9 of 10

Hi all,

I had the same issue with external reference not allowing me to check in files.

What I did to resolve this was, downloaded the services packs for the Vault supplied by Autodesk & restart the programs. That should solve that problem.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
tmuel
in reply to: mleonard.nadhura

Any resolution to this? I have a user with the same issue. AutoCAD Mechanical 2014, Vault Professional 2016. This error appeared after a copy design. The only reference is a .tif logo in the title block, I unloaded this, deleted it and tried from his machine with the same error. I tried a save copy as, with a different name, with the same error. I performed an update file reference in Vault, no resolution. I had him email me the file and I was able to check it in from my machine, but he still has the same error on attempt to check-in.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report