Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Collab 2011 Workspace Sync

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dave_deane
367 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Collab 2011 Workspace Sync

Is there a way to get workspace sync to work on both managed and unmanaged files immediately. I am able to set unmanaged files to 0 days but with managed files I can only select "1" day. I would have to wait 1 day to clear them.....why?

screenshot of dialog and help file. be sure to click the "full size" above screen shot to see clearly 

http://screencast.com/t/BmUm9GcmuTby

Thanks,

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: dave_deane

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your posting.

First section 'Update file in Workspace to...' define the rules on how to update files via compare content of the workspace with vault, it works immediately on both managed and unmanaged files.

The 'Expiration Settings' section defines a time frame to remove files from local disk. If a file has not been modified within the specified period(such as 3 days), it will be considered expired for removing regardless of up-to-date to vault or not. This will help keep workspace clear.

If both number set to 0 Days, that means workspace will be reset  to empty even if local copy was same to latest version/Revision in Vault. Currently Vault could not do this, if it's your desired result, would you please share more information on the specific requirement or workflow?

Regards,

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 5
dave_deane
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

I would like to clear the local workspace immediately. However, the expiration settings allow me to set unmangaged to 0 days but I am unable to set managed files to 0 days. The input box will only allow a minimum of 1 day. I can't think of a logical reason why I would have to wait 1 day for managed files to be cleared.

The reason being we have 2 vaults. I would like to clear all files from the local workspace before I switch to the other vault.

cheers,

Dave

Message 4 of 5
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: dave_deane

I undestand your case now. I'll forward this to our design team for furture consideration.

For now, you may want to try setting different workspace for 2 Vaults to avoid the conflict. or go to working folder (Ctrl+W) to clear up manually.

Best Regards,

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 5 of 5
luttena
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Hello. I received this issue from Fay and I'd like to give you an explanation on why this restriction exists.

The restriction was put in because If you change the 'Managed' files setting to 0 days, then the command would delete everything in your workspace every time you ran it. While that is the desire this particular time, this can be a dangerous workflow the next time you select the command.

This setting was also based on feedback we received from the user community.

While this does not solve your problem, I hope this helps clear it up a bit.

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report