Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Client 2013 (Basic) - Files not showing

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
Rob.O
6657 Views, 18 Replies

Vault Client 2013 (Basic) - Files not showing

So I just finished upgrading a 2012 server to 2013.  A few issues, but it's done and seems to be working. 

I then installed and started up client 2013.  The first issue (minor) is that this server is in a remote office and the ip address I usually use to connect to the 2012 Vault server would not work.  I eventually got connected using the FQDN name.

Anyway onto the big issue... upon loging into the desired database, I found that none of the files in the Vault are displaying.  At first I thought it was an issue with the server 2013 upgrade.  I then started up client 2012 and all of the files display as expected.

In addition, when I click on a folder containing files, it takes signifigantly longer for the "Please wait for grid to populate." message to finish vs. 2012 client.  When it does finally finish, it displays a new message as if the folder was empty... "There are no items to show in this view." even though it contains many files!  This occurs on all of the folders in this and other databases!

See the attached screen shots so you know I am not looney!

Am I missing something?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: Rob.O

That is definitely troubling.  I have not experienced that behavior.  Is it possible that somehow a filter is in place on 2013 that is blocking the display of the files?  On your image, can you run a search for *.dwg and see if that returns anything.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 3 of 19
Rob.O
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

Hi Jim,

My Vault Server 2013 is down again right now (see Vault 2012 server upgrade to Vault 2013 server thread).

As soon as I get it back up, I will work on your suggestions and let you know what I discover.

Thanks!

Rob

Message 4 of 19
Rob.O

Hi Jim,

My server is back up!

Here is something even more troubling... I was unable to find any filters that would cause this behavior.  I did a search on .DWG files in the current folder and as you can see by the attached image file (Search.png), Vault found 241 .DWG files, but it is not displaying any them.  There are indeed 241 .DWG files in that particular folder.

In addition, I used the "Find..." tool to search for .DWG files in the current database.  As you can see by the FindDialog.png image, Vault found 1207 files, but again is not displaying any of them.

Let me know what I can do to test this further.  In the meantime, Vault client 2012 seems to be working just fine!

Thanks!

Rob

Message 5 of 19
JamesMcMullen

Is it possible to try doing the same search in the Advanced Find dialog?  In talking to a couple people here, we still think it is a filter causing the problem (which I will research more).  But the Advanced Find dialog uses a different controller which will give us a definitive on whether it is a filter or not.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 6 of 19
Rob.O

Unless there is another Advanced Find dialog I am missing, I already did a search in the Find dialog and posted my results in my previous e-mail.  See the FindDialog.png attachment.  TOOLS > FIND... ADVANCED tab?

Is there another advanced find I am not aware of?

Message 7 of 19
JamesMcMullen

You had the right dialog.  I just didn't put the two and two together when I saw it.  I am waiting on tracking down a client guy and they might be able to point something out to me that I am missing.  This also might be one of those that if you go to tech support they will resolve your problem faster.  I will let you know what the client guy says regardless.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 8 of 19
Rob.O

Thanks Jim!

It's not really a problem per-say as 2012 client works with no problem, but I thought I would bring it to the attention of the forum in case there is indeed something going on there.

I am going to try to get our second Vault server upgraded to server 2013 in the next week or so.  When I do, I will test the 2013 client with it to see if I can reproduce the behavior on a different server.

Let me know if I can provide you with any additional information.

Thanks again!

Message 9 of 19
yuhui.zhang

hi Rob,

Did you ever install Net framework 4.5 on this machine?

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 10 of 19
Rob.O
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Ahhh... very good point!  I did have .NET 4.5beta on this machine, but I was having multiple problems with AutoCAD 2013, so I uninstalled it and re-installed .NET 4.0.  AutoCAD 2013 worked great after that.  

I have since un-installed and re-installed the Vault 2013 client and now I am unable to get logged in.  I keep getting the "Vault Basic 2013 could not find the Data Management Services on servername." error.  The server ip address is not working either.

Strange as I can still get in fine using the FQDN name with Vault Basic 2012.

Any ideas?

Message 11 of 19
Rob.O

Ok... did a reboot and am now able to connect.  I have always loved how a reboot will solve 90% of computer issues! Smiley Very Happy

Anyway... the files are now showing properly in client 2013 after the downgrade of .NET framework to 4.0, BUT... 2013 client is EXTREMELEY slow compared to client 2012.

Opening a particular folder in client 2012 that contains 122 objects, took approximately 6 seconds before the files were displayed.  Opeing the same folder in client 2013 took approximately 2 minutes and 42 seconds before the files were displayed.  This slowness occurs in all folders within each databases on our 2013 server.

Message 12 of 19
safocoinc

Hi, we are having the same issue at our location, and to clarify, you said that downgrading Micorsoft .NET to version 4.0 resolved your issue? We tried this and are still unable to get any files to display in the Vault Basic 2013 client window. Furthermore, we can find and open the files through the native programs (either 2012 or 2013). Any other suggestion? (already tried rebootings a few times 🙂 )

Message 13 of 19
DarrenP
in reply to: safocoinc

it could be because of this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Files-not-listing-in-Vault-2012-HELP/m-p/3329829/highli...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 19
Rob.O
in reply to: safocoinc

I had to uninstall the 4.5beta framework, reinstall the 4.0 framework and then reinstall Vault Client 2013.  I then had to reboot.  After the reboot everything worked as expected!

Hope it helps!

Message 15 of 19
DarrenP

vault 2013 sp1 is supposed to fix this issue with .net 4.5: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 16 of 19
ndra
in reply to: DarrenP

+1, the SP1 fixed it for my case as well

Message 17 of 19
KobusE

Good day,

I have a similar problem.  I have not done any upgrades to our Vault or Inventor 2013 package.  Attached is a screenshot of similar folders in both Vault and the working folder.  As you can see the folder structures show but none of the files.

As the original post asks....any ideas?

Kobus Erasmus

IV 2013 Pro

Vault Basic 2013

Win 7 64 bit Prof

20 gig RAM

Lenovo W520

Message 18 of 19
ndra
in reply to: KobusE

Install the Vault 2013 SP1.

Message 19 of 19
KobusE
in reply to: KobusE

Ok will try those suggestions when back in the office.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report