Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault check in / check out file path issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tjeixenberger
406 Views, 1 Reply

Vault check in / check out file path issues

I just got Autodesk Vault 2015 up and running on my computer and a coworker's computer.  We have never used Vault previously.  I set up the working folder to: C:\Work.  I downloaded the entire vault to the working folder to set the file structure.  I can check existing files out of the vault fine, but when I try to check in through Inventor the check in dialog box shows no files to check in.  When I try to check back in with Vault i get the error "xxx.ipt cannot participate in check in operation due to vault restrictions".

Another issue is checking in new parts.  When I check in new parts through Inventor, the file path is wrong.  Example:

I have a part saved in C:\Work\Engineering\Designs\example.ipt

When checking into Vault for the first time the file path shown in the check in dialog box shows:

$/Engineering/Engineering/Designs

This then creates an entire duplicate set of folders underneath the top level folder.  Can anyone explain what I might be doing wrong? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I don't use inventor, but I did run into something similar is Civil 3D. 

Try changing your Vault working folder location as suggested here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-B2E77991-E8BA-41D3-83C8-565510F3C9D1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report