Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault buttons are greyed out

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Sprocket107
4977 Views, 10 Replies

Vault buttons are greyed out

Hi

I want to use the vault. The client and the server 2014 are installed. I have a vault project file. I can log in and explore everything but I cannot use the vault buttons in my Inventor. They are all greyed out but the Autodesk Vault button and the Log out button.

I certainly did something wrong, but what??

I need help.

Andre

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ryan
in reply to: Sprocket107

In Inventor, under Tools > Addins.  Right-click and "Show Hidden Members".  Find both the Inventor Vault and EDM Add-in and verify both are set to "Loaded" and "Load Automatically".   If already loaded, unload and re-load them.

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 3 of 11
Neil_Cross

In addition to what Ryan suggested above, also make sure your Vault Project File has the local folders mapped to the Vault folders.

Map Folders 1.png

Map Folders 2.png

Your folder names will likely be different to what is shown above, but essentially you're telling the Vault which local folder on your PC maps to which folder in the Vault.

Message 4 of 11
Sprocket107
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Thank you all for your answers but something still be wrong.

I have the Connection Status and the Go To Workspace buttons, but the Map Folder button is greyed out.

I'm using Inventor and Vault 2014, but 2015 is installed too without the ADM Manager 2015.

Can it create a conflict?

Thanks again

Message 5 of 11
Sprocket107
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Hi Neil

I just red something about BlueCielo and Vault Pro 2013.

I have BlueCielo Application Integration on my PC.

Is this possible that BlueCielo can create issue with Vault 2014?

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 11
chrisjuk12

Hi All,

This is quite a common issue and is usually fixed by loading the EDM addin. There are plenty of explinations on how to do this on these threads but if that does not work then the issue is possibly an account issue. You can test this by logging onto your PC with different credentials and seeing if the problem can be replicated. If it work with  different profile then the account is your problem. Also, check your Project is a Vault project and not a single user project.

You can resolve this by resetting the Autodesk profiles within the user folders which will set the application back to an as installed state without having to reinstall the application.

Below is a script to do this automatically and the script will also save the deleted info into a folder on the C:\ drive instead of removing all together.

To use the script below simply copy the contents into a notepad document and save as resettool.bat. You MUST  "save as" and change the file type to All to save the text file as a .bat file. Otehrwise save the file as a text file and change folder options in control panel to show file extensions to change the .txt to .bat.

SCRIPT.

@cls
@Anonymous .
@Anonymous ** WARNING : This operation will restore all Autodesk settings back to the installation state. All customisation will be lost. **
@Anonymous Press <CTRL>‘C’ to cancel.
@Anonymous .
Pause

mkdir C:\CAD-Reset

REM ** 2015 **
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\AutoCAD Mechanical 2015" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Inventor 2015" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Vault" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Vault Explorer 2015" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault 2015" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Workgroup 2015" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2015" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015 Vault AddIn" C:\CAD-Reset
MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Data Management Server Console 2015" C:\CAD-Reset

MOVE "%APPDATA%\Autodesk\VaultCommon" C:\CAD-Reset

REG EXPORT "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD" C:\CAD-Reset\ACAD.reg
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD"

REG EXPORT "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor" C:\CAD-Reset\Inventor.reg
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor"

@Anonymous .
@Anonymous .
@Anonymous The cleaned files and registry keys have been stored in the C:\CAD-Reset folder.
@Anonymous .
@Anonymous .
Pause

You may have to change the year (2015) in the script depending your version of the software. Once the script has run you should have full Vault functionality back.

Best regards,

Chris

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisjuk12

Chris

you ARE the MAN!!!!

BIG THANKS...

Howard

Message 8 of 11
rhabluet
in reply to: chrisjuk12

I had the same problem, didn't realize my project is not Vault type. Thank you.

Message 9 of 11

Do you have multiple Vaults?  

Make sure you are logged into the correct Vault for the specific Project file you are using.  I have seen this happen when there are multiple Vaults on one ADMS (Server).

Thomas "Matt" Schaefer
Engineering Tooling and Vault Manager for Material Handling Systems MHS

*AU Speaker 2018*
* AU Speaker 2017 *
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.
Message 10 of 11
william.pick

write this line in a txt document, after that, rename to registry.bat file, i've tested and it works:

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion23.0\System\Preferences\ExternalReferences" /f

Message 11 of 11
william.pick

try this line in a .bat file:

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion23.0\System\Preferences\ExternalReferences" /f

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report