Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault BOM Creation from Revit

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
sbrusco
285 Views, 0 Replies

Vault BOM Creation from Revit

Hi All,

My company is a manufacturer of Architectural building panels. We have been told by customers and Autodesk employees alike that Vault can read a Revit model and generate a complete BOM just like we're generating today. Included in our BOM are all the fasteners, clips, sealants...

It is my understanding that Vault can certainly duplicate our current BOMs ~IF~ we include all these accessories into the model. However, if we put all these little items like fasteners and clips in the model, will it burden the model so much so that it is rendered unuseable? What I'm asking is will it take too long to manipulate a model that contains so many little objects that are otherwise unnecessary to the model?

And if so, is the Vault BOM going to just give us the major components and not the accessories?

If this is all correct, how do we include the accessories in a Vault generated BOM?

I know, this is a lot of questions but these decisions will hopefully point us down the right road as we start the transition from 2D to 3D.

Thanks a lot for any insight you can offer.

Sal

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report