Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Basic grid not visible

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
karthur1
659 Views, 7 Replies

Vault Basic grid not visible

Sometimes (not always) when I open Vault Explorer, I see this.

2012-11-02_0709.png

Notice the grid is not visible because the vertical dividing line is pulled all the way to the top.  Simple enough to grab it and pull it down.  I have had several of my users ask me "why" do they not have a grid in VE.  Then I have to tell them how to fix it.

Not sure why this happens and I cant make it repeat..... but there is something going wrong.  Can be frustrating.

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1
Vault Basic 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
luttena
in reply to: karthur1

Hello Kirk,

I have seen this behavior as well and have had the same trouble reproducing. I'll pass this on to the dev team again.

Thank you,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: luttena

I know that this thread is from 2012 when we were running Vault Basic 2010.  Just so that they know, this issue is STILL in Vauilt Professional 2015( 3 years later).  Doesn't happen all the time... but it does happen.

Message 4 of 8
Neil_Cross

Yea I confirm that I've seen this happen in Vault Professional 2013, 2014 & 2015.  And across multiple different companies so a totally different system and setup.  Seemingly impossible to reproduce on demand though. 

Message 5 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: Neil_Cross

i think this issue was caused by .net

if i remember correctly

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: DarrenP

Ran across a different (but similar) issue this morning on a users station.  Rather than the bar being pulled up like in my original post, the grid format is not correct.... Missing several columns in the right window (see first image below.

I fixed this by copying the files from my workstation to the one that was having trouble:

Users\<user Name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2015\Servers\<server name>\<vault name>\Vault\Objects\Gridstate.xml

Users\<user Name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault Professional 2015\Servers\<server name>\<vault name>\Vault\Objects\ViewStyles.xml

Vault Pro columns.PNG

It is supposed to look like this....

2014-10-14_0934.png

Message 7 of 8
koeltzsch

Dear karthur1,

this is exactly what we are facing in one of our customers environment where Vault Workgroup 2013 is currently implemented.

The grid is not there anymore after startup of Vault Explorer.

I'm not amused to see your screenshot happening this again in version 2015. This doesn't promote any activity regarding an update to version 2015.

The workaround is the same since months, just restoring a backup of the %APPDATA%\Autodesk\*Vault*\...\*.xml files of each machine where it happened.

This issue occurs from time to time at several machines, but there is no trend which gives an idea of the reason.

Do you have any update on this?

The posts before speak about a possible .NET issue - is it recommended to install a particular version of .NET or related patches?

Thanks for your advice...

Regards,

danko

Message 8 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: koeltzsch

Danko,

Sorry, but I dont have any update on that issue.

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report