Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault basic + Autodesk mechanical

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Hydroautodesk
419 Views, 4 Replies

Vault basic + Autodesk mechanical

So we have recently installed Vault and have 2 lisences for the Autodesk design suite. We are attempting to use it with our mechanical that was included for our 2d cad and can't seem to get the files to save or Check in to vault. the Vault tab is there, but there is no option for sign in, and it doesn't appear to be connected. We installed all these together with the 2014 suite. the Inventor product works fine for check in, as well as using the Autoloader for file upload. But it's checking in  a new doc, or even an existing one in mechanical that is the issue. Any assistence would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
r.smith1
in reply to: Hydroautodesk

Hi Hydroautodesk

Please review the readme for important information on this issue. 

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0372-Readme_N372/0373-Vault_20373

AutoCAD Add-in Installation Information

Please see the system requirements and installation instructions for your AutoCAD product for installation information specific to your AutoCAD product.

• After uninstalling and reinstalling the Vault client, the Vault tab in the AutoCAD ribbon may not be available. This can be corrected by switching workspaces in AutoCAD.

AutoCAD Add-in Information

• The Vault ribbon and toolbar may be missing when launching AutoCAD and AutoCAD-based products from the same installation but using different profiles. To restore the Vault ribbon and toolbar, enter CUILOAD and load the "VaAc.cuix" file from the respective locations:

• For Windows 7 and 8 - C:\Users\ [username] \AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ [product name] \[version]\ [lang] \Support

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Hydroautodesk
in reply to: r.smith1

This would be fine, IF the vault ribbon was missing. It is not. The vault tab/ribbon is indeed present, however it doesn't appear to be logged in, or doesn't provide the ability to log oin from the program or the tab similar to how Inventor provides a section to actually login to Vault from the program itself. I will attempt to reload the ribbon again to test. Here is a link to the (bad) screen shot My manager sent me showing the ribbon in place in Autodesk Mechanical. 

http://i.imgur.com/XMQlory.png

Message 4 of 5
r.smith1

Hi Hydroautodesk

I will take this case off line and work with you directly.  We will update the forums post when we resolve the issue.

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
samuel.seah

Hi,

Please do a repair of the Vault Client from the Windows Program and Features.

Regards,

Samuel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report