Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Basic add-in for Inventor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
233 Views, 1 Reply

Vault Basic add-in for Inventor

I have Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 and Autodesk Vault Basic 2015. I am trying to use the Vault system for my FRC team this year, so I installed Vault Basic as it was what is offered to students. Unfortunately, in Inventor the Vault tab is not showing up. I found a post on another site addressing this problem and followed their instructions to go to programs and features then select uninstall/change Vault, but when I open the uninstall/change program wizard, there is no option to add features (such as the tab for Inventor). I also went into Inventor itself and checked the available add-ins but no EDM (Vault client I belive) showed up in the list, even after selecting show hidden. Is this because I am using Vault Basic? Or am I missing something?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Anonymous

If you've tried this already and you're not seeing the below, there's something not right with your installation.  But based on what you've said so far, you should be able to do this.

Go to control panel > add/remove programs/features and select Vault (Client) then uninstall/change:

Control Panel.jpg

Then hit the features bit:

Features.jpg

Then tick the Inventor add-in:

add in.jpg

If you're not seeing Inventor in the list above, there's definitely something wrong with the way your Inventor was installed.  Try the above and then let us know what you are or aren't seeing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report