Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Basic 2014 - The server is currently busy

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
iamerm
1896 Views, 21 Replies

Vault Basic 2014 - The server is currently busy

Has anyone had frequent errors with the get/checkout process since upgrading to Vault 2014?  We are currently using Vault Basic 2014 Build 18.1.8.0 Update 1.  The attached screenshots show two examples.  These errors will typically occur in succession - in other words, the first error will occur on the first attempt at opening a file from the Vault browser, & then the second error will occur on the second attempt.

The error occurs when right-clicking a file (ipt, iam, dwg, etc.) in the Vault program & then selecting open. As you can see, the error shows some sort of problem with the project file.

Vault_ServerBusy.jpg

Vault_ErrorOccurred.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
minkd
in reply to: iamerm

A more descriptive error was likely written to the vault server logs.

You can find the logs in the ADMS-Console under "Management" node in the tree. Take a look for errors around the same time you saw the errors in the client under the "Server Logs" and "File Store Logs".

You can also find these log files in the root of your filestore.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 22
iamerm
in reply to: minkd

Here is a part of the Server Log for today.  I believe the times on the logs conicide with the times of the screenshots I posted earlier.

11/7/2013 10:50:21 AM *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635194182217347222 )
Exception: DatabaseDeadlock [231]
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Document.Services.FileService.GetFileAssociationsByIds(Int64[] fileIds, FileAssociationTypeEnum parentType, Boolean parentRecurse, FileAssociationTypeEnum childType, Boolean childRecurse, Boolean includeRelatedDocuments, Boolean includeHidden)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.v18.DocumentService.GetFileAssociationsByIds(Int64[] fileIds, FileAssociationTypeEnum parentAssociationType, Boolean parentRecurse, FileAssociationTypeEnum childAssociationType, Boolean childRecurse, Boolean includeRelatedDocuments, Boolean includeHidden)
   at SyncInvokeGetFileAssociationsByIds(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Exception(Inner): Transaction (Process ID 57) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
Stacktrace(Inner):    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
   at Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.Director.DelegateToBuilders(SqlDataReader dr)
   at Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.Director.InvokeCommand()
   at Connectivity.Document.DataAccess.Files.FindFilesByIds(Int64[] fileIds, Boolean performSecurityCheck)
   at Connectivity.Document.DataAccess.Files.ValidateFileIds(Int64[] fileIterationIds)
   at Connectivity.Document.BusinessLogic.FileAssociationBL.GetFileAssociationsByIds(Int64[] fileIterationIds, FileAssociationTypeEnum parentType, Boolean parentRecurse, FileAssociationTypeEnum childType, Boolean childRecurse, Boolean includeRelatedDocuments, Boolean includeHidden)
   at Connectivity.Document.Services.FileService.GetFileAssociationsByIds(Int64[] fileIds, FileAssociationTypeEnum parentType, Boolean parentRecurse, FileAssociationTypeEnum childType, Boolean childRecurse, Boolean includeRelatedDocuments, Boolean includeHidden)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.Message.Dispatch(Object target)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

11/7/2013 10:53:24 AM *******************************************************************
Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635194184043862670 )
Exception: GetFileFailed [1013]
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:
   at Connectivity.Document.DataAccess.Files.GetFilesByIds(Int64[] fileIds, Boolean performSecurityCheck)
   at Connectivity.Document.BusinessLogic.ActualFileAssociationEngine.GetEntities(Int64[] ids)
   at Connectivity.Document.BusinessLogic.FileAssociationEngine.GetFileAssociations(Int64[] ids, FileAssociationTypeEnum parentType, Boolean parentRecurse, FileAssociationTypeEnum childType, Boolean childRecurse, Boolean includeRelatedDocuments, Boolean includeHidden, IFileAssociationEngine engine)
   at Connectivity.Document.BusinessLogic.FileAssociationBL.GetFileAssociationsByIds(Int64[] fileIterationIds, FileAssociationTypeEnum parentType, Boolean parentRecurse, FileAssociationTypeEnum childType, Boolean childRecurse, Boolean includeRelatedDocuments, Boolean includeHidden)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Connectivity.Web.Services.v18.DocumentService.GetFileAssociationsByIds(Int64[] fileIds, FileAssociationTypeEnum parentAssociationType, Boolean parentRecurse, FileAssociationTypeEnum childAssociationType, Boolean childRecurse, Boolean includeRelatedDocuments, Boolean includeHidden)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Message 4 of 22
minkd

D*mn, it's a deadlock issue, which are notoriously hard to find/fix ...

You mentioned the errors were frequent ... do the server stack-traces look the same for other times the get/checkout resulted in the server busy error?   For instance, the one you posted involved "GetFileAssociationsByIds" - it would be very helpful to know if the others look the same, or involve other methods.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 22
iamerm

Attached is today's server log.  Does that help explain what you were looking for?

Message 6 of 22
minkd

The stack traces from each of the deadlocks look about the same.  Thanks - that should help narrow it down.

When you get the server-busy error, is it only when you download more complex assembly/part structures such as iParts or iAssemblies (maybe assemblies with sub-assemblies that share many different parts), or do you also get it with simple assemblies with only a few parts?

Also, how many total files are in your vault?  (You can see this in ADMS-Console when you select your vault).

Hopefully, with that in hand we can reproduce it.

Thanks,

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 22
iamerm

Thanks again for your assistance.

It happens with simple assemblies & even with single parts.

We have about 228,000 files in our file store.

Message 8 of 22
JohnHuber

iamerm,

Would you be able to assist us in this investigation?  If so, please contact me at John(dot)Huber(at)autodesk(dot)com.

Thanks,

John Huber
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 22
vincent_b
in reply to: JohnHuber

Hi,

I'm new to these forums but I had one of our CAD users who has been experiencing something similar. Screen shot below.

screencrash 20140515.jpg

No second error like iamerm's user had though.

Below is what I found in the Server logs which looks similar to what iamerm posted.

Error: Soap Exception ( mesg-id = 635357398444371222 )
Exception: DatabaseDeadlock [231]
Stacktrace:
Server stack trace:

Exception(Inner): Transaction (Process ID 55) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
Stacktrace(Inner): at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryHasMoreRows(Boolean& moreRows)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout, Boolean& more)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
at Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.Director.DelegateToBuilders(SqlDataReader dr)
at Connectivity.Core.DataAccess.Director.InvokeCommand()
at Connectivity.Document.DataAccess.Files.FindFilesByIds(Int64[] fileIds, Boolean performSecurityCheck)
at Connectivity.Document.DataAccess.Files.ValidateFileIds(Int64[] fileIterationIds)

If you need any further info please let me know.

Vincent

Message 10 of 22
iamerm
in reply to: vincent_b

Vincent,

Sorry - I wish I could help but I still have yet to receive any resolution.  This is still a daily occurrence for me.

Message 11 of 22
morten.bakke

Vincent

Yeah. I have the same problem. Over and over. If I just ignore it and try again it normally works in the third attemt, but sometimes it takes more time. (like 4-10 times) 

Frustrating minor issue. Did not have the same problem on Vault 2013.

Message 12 of 22
mdellunto

Do you have content indexing enabled? I have seen deadlocks with content indexing enabled in the past using vault 2013 pro

Message 13 of 22
AJBecker
in reply to: mdellunto

I have the same problem, had it with Vault 2014 and now with Vault 2015. I find that if I right click and get/checkout and check the part out it then opens no problem every time. I can't recall it happening with an .iam only .ipt and .idw files.
Message 14 of 22
jukr
in reply to: AJBecker

I had this issues with Vault Workgroup.

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2014/02/error-on-project-file-when-opening-inve...

This helps, you can try to edit the Connectivity.vault.exe.Config file from Vault Basic. Maybe it works.

Message 15 of 22
iamerm
in reply to: jukr

Thanks, jukr.  I'm going to test this out.  I'll try to remember to report back.

Message 16 of 22
jmaheta

Hi iamerm,

I am using Vault 2015 basic and I have the same server busy error. Did you ever resolve the issue you had, please? If so could you please post a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Jay 

Message 17 of 22
mdellunto
in reply to: jmaheta

Do you have content indexing enabled?

Message 18 of 22
jmaheta

Yes sir, I do. I have actually found something yesterday which I tried on one client's PC. I will see if it works and I will apply it on the rest of the PCs.

Its shown in this link. 

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2014/02/error-on-project-file-when-opening-inve...

I will keep you posted.

Thanks 

Jay 

Message 19 of 22
iamerm
in reply to: jmaheta

Jay,

Unfortunately Autodesk hasn't provided me with a good resolution thus far.

I've done limted experimentation with the workaround you listed (that jukr also recommended earlier in this thread), but I haven't found anything conclusive to post yet.

Message 20 of 22
iamerm

I forgot to ask: should I be concerned as to whether or not I have content indexing enabled?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report