Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Basic 2014 ADMS installation reboot needed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
robbo1987
890 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Basic 2014 ADMS installation reboot needed

Hi all,

I have been trying to install the Autodesk Vault Vasic 2014 (server) utility on a colleague's computer and the installation keeps stopping due to a 'reboot needed' - obviously I have rebooted a number of times and it makes no difference.

I have followed the instructions on the below link as this is the fix for the exact same problem on an older version but I can't find the key that is described in the regedit. Also, being new to this sort of thing I'm not prepared to delete files without fully understanding why they're there and what effect it may have. Can anyone help?

http://crackingthevault.typepad.com/crackingthevault/2010/06/vault-server-install-reboot-needed.html

Thanks,

Rob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
samuel.seah
in reply to: robbo1987

Hi Rob,

Can you check that there are no Windows Update or other installations/applications that are running in the background?

Regards,

Samuel

Message 3 of 5
ryan
in reply to: robbo1987

While you are in the screen viewing the diagnostic report, go into Task Manager and do and "End Task" on "ScriptTool.exe".  The installation will immediately move forward. I've done this countless times for customer installs.

IMPORTANT:  You should only do this when "Reboot Needed" is the ONLY remaining item and AFTER you have done a Reboot.  

-Ryan

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca
Message 4 of 5
robbo1987
in reply to: ryan

Cheers - works perfectly.
Message 5 of 5
pathion_inc
in reply to: ryan

Thank you, this worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report