Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Basic 2013- Workspace Sync

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
karthur1
1042 Views, 4 Replies

Vault Basic 2013- Workspace Sync

Our "Vendor Parts" library has gotten pretty large. I am in the process of migrating all these files to Inventor 2013.  After this is complete, I need each user to get these migrated files into their workspace.

I could have them delete their entire "Vendor Parts" folder in their workspace and then do a get latest and copy the entire "Vendor Parts" folder over.  This could cause trouble if they have a file in their w/s that is not checked in.  It also would take a while to copy over and they would have many files in their w/s that they would never use and that takes up hd space.

Is there a way for them to get only the files that reside in there w/s that have been updated?  From Vault Explorer, these are the files that have the solid red dot.  If They could search for the "solid red dot" files, that would work.

Is there anyway to use the Advanced Find and search by the "Vault Status"?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: karthur1

Since 'Vault Status' is comparing the file copy in local folder and files in vault server, the value is different per client, it's not a server side property, so unable for searching. the recommended workaround is that,

1. create a search with criteria "Check Out By is empty", look in folder = "vendor Parts", to get all the files not checked out,

2. add Vault Status column in search grid, sortting with this column

3. multi-select all the files in "solid red dot" status to perform get/download operation

(you can enlarge default paging size if the search result over 100)

hope it helps

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 5
karthur1
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Thanks for that.. didnt know I could customize the columns in the search.

I have several saved searches from Vault 2012 that I would like to bring forward into 2013.  I know how to bring in the column customization (copy gridstate.xml), so would it be similar to just copying the correct .xml?

Message 4 of 5
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: karthur1

yes, that's true, the saved searches also stored as xml files in your client machine, you can copy them from 2012 folder to 2013 folder to complete the search folder migration.  see detail at http://underthehood-autodesk.typepad.com/blog/2010/10/saved-search-sharing-with-autodesk-vault.html

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 5 of 5
ebuckner
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

Fay,

A handy upgrade for the Workspace Synch tool would be an option to set the directory a user wants to synch prior to kicking off the massive query of the full workspace. For example, I'd like to synch the vendor directory of my library only which results in a mere 20,000 files located vs over 500,000 in the entire workspace. Would allow users to take it step by step.

Thanks!

Inventor 2012 Pro 64bit
Vault 2012 Pro Admin
Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Quad Core processor 2.26 Ghz
16 GB DDR3 RAM
1.5 GB Nvidia Quadro FX 4800
2 – 320 GB SATA drives

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report