Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault basic 2013 installation on single PC and on external harddrive

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Ankurp
270 Views, 1 Reply

Vault basic 2013 installation on single PC and on external harddrive

Hello,

I am trying to install vault basic on single pc and external harddrive. Initially I have installed the vault server on my personal harddrive and it was working fine. After successful attempt I request my manger to buy a external hardrive for vault.

Than I have uninstall the vault server and MS SQL from control panel > uninstall programm. Now when I am trying to install the vault server again - installer givers me error that "AUTODESK VAULT" instance  already exist . It not let me change the location of installation.

Please help to solve the problem.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mdellunto
in reply to: Ankurp

Hi Ankurp,

Did you want to save any infomation you had on vault before you uninstalled SQL and Vault. By unstinalling SQL and Vault with out a backup you mayhave lost all files and data you had in vault.

Did you install SQL before you installed Vault? If not Autodesk Vault basic installs SQL Express(the free version of MS SQL). 

By deleting all the SQL database files (if your not worred about losing anything) may fix your problem.

Also is this extrenal hard drive a USB? If it is i would suggest against running vault on it because you will most likely experience very slow performance from vault if it has to work over a USB connection for the database / filestore. Also if you have vault installed on that drive then your vault install may break when you turn on the computer without the harddrive attached and never recover. Backing up the vault VIA USB will be slower and could cause failure to the vault.

If you still can't install vault I would suggest removing all autodesk products and following these guide lines then try your install again..

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Also removing all old SQL directorys safely may help aswell.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report