Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault backups taking twice as much time

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdellunto
293 Views, 1 Reply

Vault backups taking twice as much time

Hi guys,

Upgraded from Vault 2013 Pro to  Vault 2014 Pro+ SR1 SP1 hotfix 1 +2 .  Fresh install on a 2008 R2 server . ( just like the old one)

I noticed that my backups schdulered Full and incremental backups where taking hours longer on the new server and vault 2014 pro version then the old 2008 R2 server and vault 2013 Pro.

Old server (scheduled) without validating

full backup 7 1/2 hours

Incremental 12 minutes

New server(scheduled) without validating

full backup 15 hours

incremental 21 mintues

I did a manual incremental backup without validating check box checked and it seemed to have ran valadion not only on the backuped files but on the whole filestore. see screen shoot

val.png

I did some poking around on the forums and found how to incress the priority level from 7 to 4 in the windows task scheduler but didn't make any differnces.

The only thing i can think of that i changed was the IIS applaiction pools. I isolated each app to its own pool. 

you can see the changes in this form post here. marked as the solation to fixing content indexing.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-general-discussion/thin-client-service-unavailable-subscription-...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ihayesjr
in reply to: mdellunto

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report