Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault backup to mounted location problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Ajcraig99
546 Views, 6 Replies

Vault backup to mounted location problem

Hello, Im having some trouble backing up our vault to a new location, the location is on a virtual machine but not on the same domain,

I have set file permissions for the domain user "Vault" to read/write on the new backup location and it works manualy when i just create a new folder ect but when the vault backup runs i get the follwing error in the backup log.

5/11/2013 9:12:56 PM User 'JMVMXXBY\Vault' does not have permission to path '\\jmvmYYby\backups\jmvmXXby\Temp\VaultBackup_2013_11_05_9_00_43_PM'.
5/11/2013 9:12:56 PM Connectivity.Application.VaultManager.ServiceException: InsufficientFilePermissions [175]

This is the backup script:

@ECHO OFF

REM CYCLE THE SQL SERVER
NET STOP MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT /y
NET START MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT

REM START Backup on Temp folder
"E:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS 2014\ADMS Console\Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe" -Obackup -B"\\jmvmYYby\backups\jmvmXXby\Temp" -VU*********** -VP******** -L"E:\Backup\BakupLog.txt" -S

IF ERRORLEVEL 0 GOTO OverwriteLastBackup
IF ERRORLEVEL -1 GOTO End

:OverwriteLastBackup
REM DELETE 1 AND CASCADE TEMP BACKUP SUBDIRECTORY
RMDIR /Q /S "\\jmvmYYby\backups\jmvmXXby\Backup\1"
REN "\\jmvmYYby\backups\jmvmXXby\Temp" "1"

REM CREATE A NEW DIRECTORY FOR THE BACKUP
MKDIR "\\jmvmYYby\backups\jmvmXXby\Temp"

:End
REM Purge \\jmvmYYby\backups\jmvmXXby\Temp
RMDIR /Q /S "\\jmvmYYby\backups\jmvmXXby\Temp"
MKDIR "\\jmvmYYby\backups\jmvmXXby\Temp"

REM CYCLE THE SQL SERVER
NET STOP MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT
NET START MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT
NET START SQLAGENT$AUTODESKVAULT

Any ideas or workarounds?

Let me know if more info is required.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
johannes.bauer
in reply to: Ajcraig99

Hello,
If I understand correctly you want to write with a user who is executing the Backup on Domain A to write to a Fileshare on Domain B.
Is this correct?
Are these Domains trusted!?
If yes, try to set the proper permission on the fileshare for the user on Domain A.
If not, I would make the backup locally and ship it afterwards with a user from Domain B to this Domain..
HTH
Hannes

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Customer Technical Successt
Message 3 of 7
Ajcraig99
in reply to: johannes.bauer

Yes they are trusted, we have a virtual machine that runs the Vault database and a virtual machine that is used to write our server backups to tape, both under the same host. There is no logical reason that i can see for the tape backup virtual machine to not be on the same domain but thats how it was setup.

Due to time constraints it is not viable to move the backup to this location after completion.

The user has full permissions on the virtual machine and can modify files manually so it seems all permissions are in order, but why is vault reporting otherwise?
Message 4 of 7
johannes.bauer

Hi,
Could you please test also to touch a file.
Can you manually execute the Backup and it is the same error Message?
Are you executing the Backup script with task scheduler? which user is executing this!?

Please check on effective permissions for the vault service / Backup User on the file share with NTFS / Share permissions - how are they set?
thanks

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Message 5 of 7
Ajcraig99
in reply to: johannes.bauer

I cant manually execute the backup script at the moment because we cannot use the vault while backing up, it freezes 😞
The backup script is executed in task scheduler by the "Vault" user, this user has full permissions on the file store and can modify files manually without any issue.

I have set "sharing permissions" to full control but cannot add this user under the security tab because its not on the domain.

I just tried a 3rd party backup solution as a test and had the same problem which was solved after a google search suggested the application was running as a 'service' instead of an application, could this same issue be applicable to Autodesk Vault?
Message 6 of 7
Ajcraig99

Hello?
Message 7 of 7
johannes.bauer

Hi,
Vault User of which Domain is executing this task?
I am not sure what you mean by executing as service or application.

I still believe it is a permission problem, as your error message clearly says.
please paste a screenshot of the shared folder properties and security properties.
BR

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report