Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Backup Restore

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Raider_71
333 Views, 1 Reply

Vault Backup Restore

Hi,
I am in a bit of a pickle!
We have reached our database limit (4Gb) for Vault 2008 and SQL server 2005 express. I have managed to make a backup of the server. The Vault database is about 4Gb and file store about 75Gb.
I have created a second PC/server where I want to restore this backup on before performing any maintenance on the actual server. The test server's specs are as follows: Win XP pro SP2, Full SQL 2005, ADMS 2009.
I installed SQL first with an instance of AutodeskVault as in the Advanced configuration guide. I then installed ADMS with the default settings. It picked up the AutodeskVault instance and specified that it will use it during the installation etc. After installation I started the restore process of the ADMS 2008 Vault backup. This took about 36 hours to complete. After the process was complete I decided to run the ADMS diagnostic checks. It now comes up with the following error: Cannot connect to SQL Server.... (Please look at attached jpeg for full error).
It looks like its complaining about the SA password or something??? What can I do? After two days of restoring please tell me there is a simple answer...

I have done exactly the same on a third server but with ADMS 2008 SP1 instead of ADMS 2009. The restore process has now been running for more than 48 hours! The sql service is running at 50% CPU and is still going.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Raider_71
in reply to: Raider_71

Thanks to the Autodesk Data Management team!

All I had to do was set the SA password to "AutodeskVault@26200" and now it works fine. For earlier versions of ADMS it is just "AutodeskVault".

Thanks

Pieter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report