Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault/AutoCAD Prompts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Rob.O
431 Views, 3 Replies

Vault/AutoCAD Prompts

Hi All,

I have a question about some of the standard prompts and what the repercussions would be if a user shut them off.

As you can see in the attached screen capture, the user is opening a file he has checked out and is being told that an xref attachment in the Vault is newer than the one on his local machine. The user does not understand and no longer wants to see the prompt so he changes the Prompt Frequency option to "Don't ever prompt again" and clicks the "No" button.

The user then sends this drawing out for production with an out of date xref because he did not get the latest xref from the Vault when opening the parent file.

If the user has disabled this prompt, what is the default behavior from that point forward?  Is it to never replace the local file with the latest from Vault since "No" was his last selection?

In this particular case, we really need a way to force the prompts on at the server/database level so the users don't make the same mistake over and over.  Is this possible?  How do others handle this situation?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
luttena
in reply to: Rob.O

By choosing an option in this dialog they are choosing to never be prompted with that question again. This means that the default behavior will be what they chose at that time. These options can be changed on each client machine in the Vault>Options dialog. There is a 'Manage Prompts' dialog that allows the user to configure these settings.

There is no way to disable this functionality so each user will have the ability to manager their own settings.

I would be interested in hearing if other administrators have this problem and how they address it.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Rob.O
in reply to: luttena

Thanks for the info Adam!  It helps greatly!

I too would be interested in hearing others experiences.  I imagine if we came up with one defacto standard, selected that option on all client prompts and turned the prompts off that it should not be that critical.

I just need to figure out how to handle the "rebels" that try to do things their way and defy the rules as much as possible! Smiley Mad

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 4
MatthewHeal83
in reply to: Rob.O

How do I get control of more prompts through the Manage Prompts dialogue box?

There is a fixed series of prompts in the list with no options to add/remove them.  What I'm looking to control within the Vault environment is setting as a default for a file to be checked back into the vault upon file close in AutoCAD or Civil 3D.

I would like to as closely mirror as possible to common user workflow, and I am finding situations where users check a drawing out of the vault, close that drawing in their AutoCAD or Civil 3D sessions and still have the file checked out, then that user leaves for the day or whatever and the file remains checked out and inaccessible to other users.

Most users will treat a "Close file" as "Check into Vault", and I want the two actions to be linked, but not exclusive.  I mean, I don't want "Check into Vault" to "close file" but I want "close file" to "check into Vault".

Does that make sense?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report