Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Thin Client Item Master - Watermark?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
cbenner
837 Views, 10 Replies

Vault 2015 Thin Client Item Master - Watermark?

Vault 2015 Thin Client does not show the lifecycle watermark on Items?  If this is the case, this needs to be fixed ASAP!  This is the whole reason we USE the thin client.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 3 of 11
steveh4
in reply to: cbenner

I agree!!!

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 4 of 11
cbenner

Case has been escalated to product development for investigation.  Going to mark this as solved for now, as I expect it will be a hotfix or update that will be required.

Message 5 of 11
cbenner

This has still not been resolved, and is causing some pretty serious roadblocks to our company workflow.  The visualization files, when viewed from either the Thin CLient or from SharePoint, still do not have the watermarks.  These are necessary to our purchasing procedures, to ensure vendors are working only to released prints.  I know this has been ascalated, but can we escalate it a little further?  or do I have to redesign our entire purchasing procedure and lifecycle management scheme?

I've added a couple of screen shots for your review.  The first, dwf1.png, is the header of a visualization file taken from the Item Master, as opened form either Thin Clien or SharePoint.  The second, dwf2.png, is the same visualization file from the same Item, as opened from Vault Client.  Could it be that the watermark does not appear because in the case of dwf1, these visualizations were downloaded by the application, as opposed to being opened by ADR directly from Vault?

dwf1.PNG

dwf2.PNG

Message 6 of 11
gary.belisle

Is there a fix for this yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
i7-4800MQ Dell Precision M6800, Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit, 16GB RAM
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Autodesk Vault Professional 2015
PLM 360
Message 7 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: gary.belisle

The last I heard there is no fix in the works for this.  Watermarks will be visible only in full Client.  Never in SharePoint, and probably not in Thin CLient.  I'm hoping that someone from Autodesk will come in here and refute me.... 😉

Message 8 of 11
gary.belisle

I would estimate that 75% of our Vault users opperate inside of Thin Client and we rely on the watermarks to convey status. This is a MAJOR disappointment.

PLM 360
Message 9 of 11
cbenner

Agree.  Working on a possible workaround using some of the new functionality of V2015 R2,... once they get something fixed for me in that as well.  Once I get it worked out I'll post it on my blog site.

Message 10 of 11
gary.belisle

Although I like the new lifecycle management for Items in 2015 R2, we are not comfortable losing other functionality such as rolling back Items on Change Orders. So I hope Adesk adressses the watermarks in a service pack.

FYI, I can use a 2013 vault pro client on a 2015 vault and the watermarks are still there when you right click on a .dwg and "view in window" in the Item Associated files.

PLM 360
Message 11 of 11
cbenner

Yes, old client still works.  We have a lot of those in use still.  It's the thin client and SharePoint that don't show it for us... and where we need it most.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report