Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 SP1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cvdcage
289 Views, 4 Replies

Vault 2015 SP1

Hi All,

We've been testing the servicepack 1 for Vault 2015 and we notice that a "seemingly" minor thing has changed in the ThinClient.

From the Changelog:

Thin Client:

1. Thin Client doesn't allow a user to download a visualization file from a released Item.
  2. To restrict users from downloading historical released file [when administrator had already restricted users to view only released files].
  3. Watermarks are not appearing in Item DWF prints.
  4. Sorting search result causes the result to be reset.
  5. Downloads at left portion of File Details is not getting the correct version of File as what is reflected.

The 2nd "fix" makes the checkmark:

checkmark.png

Remove access to ALL previously released files. Even when a file is "In progress", it will make the file unable to download:

unable to DL.png

We have already raised this issue with Autodesk and I hope this is fixed with a seperate "checkmark". We want our users to view previous released files because of the changes that we make to them and the (awesome) feature of DWF to compare them and see what has changed in a few mouseclicks.

This makes the SP unusable for us and we are pretty baffled that a critical feature gets modified by this servicepack. Maybe in a whole new version, but not a servicepack.

Do any of the other users have issues with this? We can't roll out SP1 now, even though there are some fixes in there that we do want to have! 😞

Kind regards,

Christiaan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: cvdcage

I am trying to reproduce this problem, can you tell me what role this user has and what lifecycle are you using in this test?

I have reproduced it.  I will have our team look into it ASAP.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hello Irvin....

Can you also have a look at the Thin Client DWF showing Item watermarks?  This does not appear to be working.

From Vault Client:

dwf01.PNG

Same Item from Thin Client after SP1

dwf02.PNG

Message 4 of 5
cvdcage
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hi Irvin,

Thanks! We also have an autodesk ticket 10027657.

Christiaan

Message 5 of 5
cvdcage
in reply to: cvdcage

Our ticket has been escalated to Autodesk development and there will be a fix!

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report