Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 - Sharepoint

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
cbenner
1118 Views, 19 Replies

Vault 2015 - Sharepoint

From the document titled: Install Microsoft Sharepoint Vault Integration (http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/E...

This is the step by step for creating the deployment....

shp1.JPG

Step #2.... are they referring to the Vault 2015 Server installation?  Because I do not recall seeingSharepoint in the Configure section of that.  Did I miss it?  I see Revit integration... but no Sharepoint.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
DarrenP
in reply to: cbenner

in the 2014 vault server installation it is there (see screen shot below)

it doesn't seem to be there for the 2015 installation

2014-05-08_1043.png

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 20
cbenner
in reply to: DarrenP

Yeah, Irvin Hayes has told me via Twitter that I should use the 2014 Integration once I have upgraded to 2015.  Seems odd that it would not be a part of the installation, unless it isn't ready yet or something.

Message 4 of 20
cbenner
in reply to: DarrenP
Message 5 of 20
ihayesjr

No, and it is not recommended to have them on the same server.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 6 of 20
cbenner
in reply to: ihayesjr

Ok,

Got the integration program installed on SharePoint server.  Attempting to run the Deplyall.bat.  It is set to run a program called: 

STSADM.exe.  This file is elsewhere on the machine so the bat gives me a file not found error.  if I change the path in the batch file to that location it runs STSADM fine, but cannot find AutodeskVaultBCSConnect.wsp.  So the question is... where should the path be set?  Our first attempt at this not only failed but now we cannot get into Sharepoint at all, we are getting a runtime error.

The good news, this is all in a sandbox... but still.

Message 7 of 20
ihayesjr

Chris,

It sounds like you do not have a standard install of SharePoint if that exe is not in the location it has in the path.  I would recommend that you fix your SharePoint login problem before trying to run the integration again.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 20
cbenner

OK,... got that all sorted out.  We are now into the permissions.  Business Data Connectivity Service, External Content Types.  No External Content Types found.  I used Deployall, and all sections gave me a "completed successfully" message.  ADMS is runnin on it's own server... We're one step closer but still not quite there.

Message 9 of 20
ihayesjr

Try the following:

1. Rename the .wsp file to .cab.  This will allow you to navigate into the file just like with a .zip.

2. Inside the .cab file, you should be able to find a file called AutodeskVaultModel.bdcm.  Copy this out of the .cab file and rename the .cab back to .wsp.

3. Go back to the BCS service in Central Admin.  Check the External Systems view and remove AdskVaultLobSystem if it's there.  Run the Import command point it to the AutodeskVaultModel.bdcm file.

4. After that, you should be able to progress to the next step.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 20
cbenner
Message 11 of 20
cbenner

Ok,... so close I can almost taste it.  I can see the lists in Sharepoint, but when I click on one I get:

Error running BCS Command in Autodesk.Vault.BCSConnect: Server cannot be empty.

WSE 3.0 is installed on the SP server.

Also on entoering Vault login credentials, seeing:

Error: The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_putObjectTVP',database 'SharePoint_Config', schema 'dbo'.

Anyone have any insights on this one?

Message 12 of 20
ihayesjr
Message 13 of 20
cbenner
Message 14 of 20
cbenner

Well, this has turned into a journey into frustration.  My head is aching from banging it on the brick walls.  Since last Tuesday I have encountered and cleared error after error after error, in Sharepoint, in SQL, in ADMS.... and with every one I cleared (many with your help Irvin Hayes... thank you! ), another one would pop up in it's place.  The latest one defies even a Google search, and none of our IT people have seen it before.  All of this has been in the attempt to establish Vault login credentials for Sharepoint.  Something I still cannot do.  Here is the latest in case anyone out there has seen anything like it.

ERROR: Object Settings Name=Autodesk.Vault.BCSConnect.settings was updated by NTAUTHORITY\IUSR, in the w3wp (2468) process, on Machine SHAREPOINT14-1

Message 15 of 20
ihayesjr

Chris, are you getting this error when you are saving the login information on the settings page?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 20
cbenner

Yes, this is when entering the Vault login information... Server, Database, User & Password.  Also, I have tried to run the Autodesk.BDCModelEditor from the integration folder, and that just fails with a Windows "not responding" error.  I assumed that was because there were no credentials setup yet.

Message 17 of 20
ihayesjr

This sounds like you are still having a problem with writing to the SharePoint_Config database.  Can you have your IT admin run a SQL Profiler on it to see if it is getting stuck?  Also, make sure the FarmAdmin has the Execute permission on the database.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 20
ihayesjr

Also try the image that is in this thread.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/15bfc5e6-f9a2-4da0-a197-cc64e1032c30/exe...

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 19 of 20
cbenner

Thanks for the help Irvin, but we've gotten nowhere with this.  Inquiries on the SharePoint forums got me the advice of asking my question here.  Once again I am without any IT support until at least tomorrow morning.  No one seems to know if this is a problem with Vault, SharePoint, SQL, IIS (on either server)...

Message 20 of 20
cbenner

Finally resolved this annoying error.  Our IT guy found an old SharePoint 2007 blog that described a procedure for clearing cached files from the database.  He followed the instructions, and now we're in business.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report