Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Server Basic Install Pre-Check Error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Aldred
672 Views, 5 Replies

Vault 2015 Server Basic Install Pre-Check Error

Hi Everyone,

I am having an issue with the pre-check for Vault Server Basic 2015.  I am installing on Windows Server 2012 and using SQL 2012.

This is the error message that it gives.

Checking ASP Status:  Accessing an http static file failed at URLhttp://localhost:80/TestASP/TestASPNetStatic.txt.

When going through the steps in the help files  to see what the problem is I type this in the run command.

c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis -i -enable

I get this error.

Microsoft (R) ASP.NET RegIIS version 4.0.30319.17929
Administration utility to install and uninstall ASP.NET on the local machine.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Start installing ASP.NET (4.0.30319.17929).
This option is not supported on this version of the operating system.  Administr
ators should instead install/uninstall ASP.NET 4.5 with IIS8 using the "Turn Win
dows Features On/Off" dialog,  the Server Manager management tool, or the dism.e
xe command line tool.  For more details please see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlin
k/?LinkID=216771.
Finished installing ASP.NET (4.0.30319.17929).

Has anyone seen this and how do I fix it.

Aldred

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
scottmoyse
in reply to: Aldred

Have you tried doing what it suggests?

Before you though. Uninstall .Net Framework and let the installer install it itself. BUT, you will need to make sure that doesn't affect anything else which may be running on the server.

I think there are a couple of articles posted by resellers online detailing steps to install Vault 2015 on Windows Server 2012... its straight forward on R2.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 6
samuel.seah

Hi Aldred,

Please launch command prompt in administrator mode and run this command:

%windir%\system32\DISM.exe /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:IIS-ASPNET45 /All /quiet /NoRestart

-Samuel

Message 4 of 6
Aldred
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi Scott,

I didn't wan to uninstall and reinstall as we were worried that it might break the sharepoint running on the server.  I have contacted autodesk and they will be assisting this afternoon with the install. 

Thank you for your reply.

Message 5 of 6
scottmoyse

Here is the blog post I was referring to in case you still need it.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 6
Aldred
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the suggestions.  We discovered we cannot run Sharepoint and Vault Server on the same Server. 

Aldred

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report