Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 R2 = how to get

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mies07
941 Views, 11 Replies

Vault 2015 R2 = how to get

I have just recently installed PDS 2015, including the localhost virtual Vault server. I see from other posts that there is now a Vault 2015 R2 with an "imporoved Copy Design Experience." I have a subsctipion, but when I go to subscription center I don't see it as an available download. How do I get it?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Miquel
in reply to: mies07

I've the same problem... How do I get it?

Message 3 of 12
xavier_dumont2

Hello,

I think you have to wait a few days. This seem to be a excinting new release:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-0ADFC21B-C4E7-4197-A753-3132304F869D

Message 4 of 12
smithmat
in reply to: xavier_dumont2

Please be sure to take note of the readme for this release, as this is not a typical release:

http://download.autodesk.com/us/vault/2015/Autodesk_Vault_2015_R2_Readme.html 

Specifically, note

• the section that mentions removed functionality: 
    be aware that the following functionality has been removed from the Autodesk Vault Professional 2015 R2 release

• the section Data Migration and API Changes
    This section discusses that
    (a) the database will migrate (like a typical full release) and
    (b) the API version has changed (like a full release) meaning that customizations (Vault Explorer extensions, Web Service Extensions, Job processor extensions) created by you or a third party would need to be changed/re-built to work with this version.

- Matt

Message 5 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: smithmat

Your hyperlink is not functioning, looks like the page may have been moved.

I saw on Twitter this AM that it may be on Sub site by today or tomorrow for download.  Readme files will probably be there as well.

Message 6 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: cbenner

does this one work: http://download.autodesk.com/us/vault/2015/Autodesk_Vault_2015_R2_Readme.html

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: cbenner

this showed up on the subscription site today

a note before installing

Removed Functionality
When deciding if upgrading to Autodesk Vault 2015 R2 is right for you, be aware that the following functionality has been removed from the Autodesk Vault Professional 2015 R2 release:

• Compare Bill of Materials
  • Item Import
  • Item Export
  • Item Package Service API’s
  • Purge Item
  • Purge
  • Purge All
  • Item Restore
  • Item Rollback Lifecycle State Change
  • Item Effectivity
  • Restricting Item Lifecycle State Change to Change Orders

If these features are critical for your deployment and workflows or required for proper functionality of related applications (for example, select applications from the Autodesk App store, third-parties, or custom apps), Autodesk recommends you consult with your authorized Autodesk reseller for guidance regarding Autodesk Vault 2015 R2.

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

also note this before  installing

Data Migration and API Changes
The upgrade and deployment process for Autodesk Vault 2015 R2 is similar to the upgrade process for a new version of Autodesk Vault.

• The Autodesk Vault database fully migrates to the new 2015 R2 schema. Autodesk recommends performing migration tests and validating your data and workflows in a test environment prior to upgrading to a production Vault environment.
  • The Autodesk Vault API has been versioned for Autodesk Vault 2015 R2. Customizations may require updating. Autodesk recommends validating all customizations in a test environment prior to upgrading to a production Vault environment.

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
mies07
in reply to: DarrenP

Will this "missing functionality" (such as purge) be restored in the Vault that ships with Product Suite 2016 (along with the new copy design)??

Message 11 of 12
jeremy_lambert

As part of the changes made to support the current functionally we have temporarily removed these features listed. These features will be maintained in future releases of Autodesk Vault Professional.
Message 12 of 12

@jeremy_lambert wrote:
As part of the changes made to support the current functionally we have temporarily removed these features listed. These features will be maintained in future releases of Autodesk Vault Professional.

I hope so Jeremy.  As an admin, I use rollback item lifecycle state change all the time.  I'm not sure I can live without it for 2015 R2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report