Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Professional Failed to acquire a licence

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Steven_Blackwell
719 Views, 4 Replies

Vault 2015 Professional Failed to acquire a licence

I'm trying to set up Vault Pro 2015 on my home WIn 7 64 bit PC as a standalone installation to test it before I install if on my office server. I'm NOT using LMtools - just the standalone versions of all Autodesk products.

I keep getting the "Failed to acquire licence" message, I've looked at various posts and have isabled IPv6 and changed the Licpath to 127.0.0.1 etc but keep getting the same message.

Autodesk Data Management Server is installed on the same PC and appear to be running ok.

Can anyone help me please.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I see two separate issues, first one being that Vault Pro (ADMS) isn't 'officially' supported on a desktop OS... that's a thing but definitely not the issue here.

Secondly, and more crucially, Vault Pro will not work at all without a valid license being issued via the LMTools license manager.  There's no trial for Vault Pro, no standalone version, no nothing without a license being issued by a license manager.

So basically, what you're experiencing is kinda normal, you're not setting it up wrong, you just need to access a license.  If your office has a license manager installed with a 2015 license available, maybe VPN in and grab it that way.  

Message 3 of 5

Neil

Thank you for your reply. I run an ATC specilaising in Standalone AutoCAD so Vault and LM Tool is new to me. However being an ATC does mean I can get whatever software I want.

Bearing that in mind what is the best way to set this up. I have Vault Pro, ADMS, Vault Basic (as part of Inventor Professional Design Suite) and eventually wish to set Vault up on a workgroup of 6 Networked PC's currently connected to a NAS box acting as a file store. Before going "live" I want to trial Vault on a single PC at home or on my laptop to see if it is what we really want. If it means evetually buying a proper networked server then I will do this, but only as a last resort as we are a small company who do not understand the workings of a server and dont want expensive maintenance. 

I have since installed LMTools on my PC but not yet configured it.

Would my situation mean having to use Vault basic or workgroup, if so what are the steps required for installation, particularly regarding getting these to connect to a "vault". I would prefer to keep to the professional option if possible.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Steven_Blackwell

you may want to do some research on this first

i would not recommend going at this if you have never done this before or partner up with a reseller in your area for some onsite services so you can see how to set this up the correct way because if you set up wrong it will leave a bad taste in your mouth and you will think the product doesn't work

i would start reading about vault here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/Help/E... and http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/E...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

in your situation i would use Vault Pro and skip Vault Basic

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report