Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Language Pack Downloads

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dave_partridge
1337 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2015 Language Pack Downloads

I am trying to find the AutoDesk Vault 2015 language packs as I need to add German but I am unable to find them on the download pages, can anyone assist please? I have a subsctiption account but appear unable to access this system.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Vault does not support the use of language packs. You should download the full German Vault installer from the Subscription site instead. You can do so by navigating to the Product Downloads page and then selecting the German Language as shown in the attached screenshot below.

GermanSub.jpg

-Samuel

Message 3 of 7

Samuel thanks for your reply but things have moved on since posting.

I did download the German version and built an AdminImage but it DID NOT include the German pack, when running the installer it just installs in English. I went back, verified I used the right media source and did it again with the same result. So I manually copied the de-DE folder and some missing files from the CIP folder, then modified the 2 INI files to add German and it seems to work. It appears that the Vaulkt Pro 2015 DE version does not build a German installation point even if you tell it to.

Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the update.

Can I check if the Admin Image was created on a German OS? And also, are you installing the Admin Image on a full German OS - not one that has been language switched from English?

-Samuel

Message 5 of 7

Samual I created the AdminImage on my machine in English. Every machine in
our corporation is in US English with LPs applied using Windows 7
Enterprise. The end result after I made the changes was Vault in German on
a German machine, just seems odd that when you ask for it to create German
it then creates an English install point.

Message 6 of 7

I'm afraid you need to match the language of the OS (German) with the language of the Vault installer (German) in order to create/install a localized (German) Admin Image. Any OS language mismatch with the Vault installer language would default the creation/installation to an English Admin Image. 

So for your case, you need to create the Admin Image on a German OS in order for a German Admin Image to be created.

-Samuel

Message 7 of 7

Understood, thanks

Good job I found a work around then Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report