Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 file preview

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jerr72
716 Views, 9 Replies

Vault 2015 file preview

I have installed Vault 2015.  When I go to "Select file from vault" window, I used to get a preview of the file I selected, but now the preview is not there.  Any idea where it went ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Neil_Cross
in reply to: jerr72

Through which CAD program? Can you submit a screen shot of where the preview isn't showing but used to show?

Message 3 of 10
jerr72

The cad program is Inventor 2015.  Here is the screen shot.

Message 4 of 10
Neil_Cross

Oh, I suspect the preview you mean is the thumbnail.  Click the button at the top right called Change View and select Medium or Large Icons.  Or you can select Details and add the thumbnail column if it isn't already there.  You cant have a thumbnail based on the view type you've currently got shown there.

Message 5 of 10
jerr72
in reply to: Neil_Cross

No.  I don't mean a thumbnail view that you get when you change the view to small or large icon.  The preview in question was located on the bottom left side which gave you a preview of the file you selected.  I checked one computer that has Vault 2013 installed on it, and the preview is there.  I suspect Autodesk has removed this feature for whatever reason.  This causes a lot of work flow issues now.

Message 6 of 10
Neil_Cross

Sorry yes you're right, I hadn't even noticed as I usually have thumbnails on.  Doesn't look like there's any setting either which controls the visibility of that.

This will need official comment from Autodesk as to the explanation/reason why this has been pulled. 

Message 7 of 10
jerr72
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Here is the screen shot from Vault 2013.

Message 8 of 10
ihayesjr

To recover space in that far left column and because you can change your view in the main grid or add the thumbnail column, the Thumbnail view you are referring to was removed.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 9 of 10
jerr72
in reply to: ihayesjr

Add the thumbnail column?
Message 10 of 10
Neil_Cross

The thumbnail column can't be viewed with the view is set to 'list'.  So now if you are viewing the layout in list mode there is no way to preview the content.  It was an oversight by the devs and they have been asked to consider putting this back into the product as it's clearly a removal of useful functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report