Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Document property value not displayed in item context

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
loesche1
513 Views, 4 Replies

Vault 2015 Document property value not displayed in item context

Hello all!

While doing some tests I was wondering why the property value of a defined property "Description" is not displayed in the context of the linked item. Within the data sheet of the item I select the document and would suggest that I can see the property values in the property list. When I change over to the document list, I can find all user defined properties include their values.

Is it a bug or maybe some missing configuration?

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
scottmoyse
in reply to: loesche1

Is the version of the file attached to the Item older than the one in Vault Explorer? Versions can be 'sticky' when files are attached to Items, so that older version may not have had a value in the description property.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 5
loesche1

Hello Scott!

Thank you very much for that hint! You're right, the version of the document within the item master was not up to date (Version 2 instead of 5). Updating it did the trick!

Is that an usual behaviour of Vault? Do I need to manually update all the items every time I have a look on them?

At least a sign "not up to date" would be fine, if it works as designed and that missing update is not just a bug.

Best regards,

Lars

Message 4 of 5
scottmoyse

@loesche1 wrote:

Hello Scott!

Thank you very much for that hint! You're right, the version of the document within the item master was not up to date (Version 2 instead of 5). Updating it did the trick!

Is that an usual behaviour of Vault? Do I need to manually update all the items every time I have a look on them?

At least a sign "not up to date" would be fine, if it works as designed and that missing update is not just a bug.

Best regards,

Lars

Yeah you need to manually update the items. Annoying isn't it. But be aware, that you can pin the version, so if you update it won't change to the latest version. Which is actually a handy feature in some workflows.

Have you got 2015 installed yet? the new item system may not require an update to update the attachment version.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 5
loesche1

Really annoying! To my point of view it makes no sense to have a database with linked objects that don't show up-to-date data!

I realised this behaviour by using Vault Professional 2015. And yes, I'm aware of the possibility to pin document versions.

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report