Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2015 Backup Location

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SteveGlover8744
331 Views, 1 Reply

Vault 2015 Backup Location

Can I simply change the location of my daily Vault Backup if I install another HDD in the same server...???

Reason being is that I have a 500Gb RAID drive which only allows me to have a third of it's capacity because there is the daily backup and then the old backup from the previous day.  i.e. approx. 170Gb of Vault data is the MAX.

If the backup went to another built in HDD i.e. an F:drive would I simply be able to change the drive letter in my script file.

Thus giving me more usage of the 500Gb RAID drive.

I currently use the following script.....

@echo off

net stop "Autodesk Data Management Job Dispatch"

net stop MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT

net start MSSQL$AUTODESKVAULT

e:

cd\vault

cd "Vaultbackup"

rmdir /s /q old

move /y VaultBackup* old

c:

cd\

cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS 2015\ADMS Console"

Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe -Obackup -B"e:\vault\Vaultbackup" -VUadministrator -VP -L"e:\Vault\Vaultbackup\BackupLog.txt" -S

rem Purge database- keeps only latest version for database RCcar and misses files with comment do not purge.

rem Connectivity.ADMSconsole.exe -Opurge -KEEPVERS3 -MINAGE0 -EXCLCMT"Do not purge" -Nvault -VUadministrator -VP -L"e:\Vault\VaultBackup\BackupLog.txt" -S

Connectivity.ADMSconsole.exe -Odefragmentvault -Nvault -VUadministrator -VP -VAL -L"e:\Vault\VaultBackup\BackupLog.txt" -S

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul.gunn
in reply to: SteveGlover8744

Hi,

There should be no problem changing the backup location. To Vault one drive is as good as the other.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report