Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 system error on login

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bartkavelaars
309 Views, 2 Replies

Vault 2014 system error on login

Hi Guys,

Excuse me if this has already been posted but this is my first time on the forums so I'm a little unexperienced with finding the right information here. It seems I cannot fix an issue with Autodesk software myself in the first time of 5 years of usage. 

I'm running in an issue with Vault Basic 2014 login and I believe this happens since Windows 7 (SP1) ran some updates. Please see attached a screenshot of the exact problem. I already updated Inventor, Vault Server and Vault Client to SP2 with all the hotfixes but without any succes. 

I installed the Vault server locally on my laptop because as a freelancer I do not have a server (don't need it) but happy to use a lot of functions of the Vault (copy design, back-up, rename, move files etc.). I think it has to do something with the registry files or administrator rights, but my knowledge is lacking at this part of windows..

Anybody familiar with this error? And any ideas/tips on how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Bart 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kr
Community Visitor
in reply to: bartkavelaars

I have the same problem... i cant find anything on it. 

Message 3 of 3
mdellunto
in reply to: bartkavelaars

Hi Bartkavelaars,

I would first check to make sure that the ADMS services are running. Can you open the ADMS Console? Maybe check the logs under management.

Also take a look at the windows system logs and app logs in event viewer.

If you don't see anything wrong with the Vault server it self i would suggest trying a different computer to see if it has the same problems.

Second option to that would be create a new user account with admin permissions and see if the user gives you the same problems. A lot of the time i have random problems like this creating a new users and seeing if that works helps me rule out a profile or computer / globle vault problem.

Cheers good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report