Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 Subscription Releases

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
tahdesign1
654 Views, 10 Replies

Vault 2014 Subscription Releases

I was at AU2014 last week and saw some extra Vault tasks that are only available in the subscription release.

So I am downloading what is listed as the "software" from the subscription site that is listed as Autodesk Vault Professional Englis 2014 Win 32/64 (1.21 GB).

However I am unsure of what they meant by "subscription release" for this extra functionality

There is an area that is listed as "extras" that lists two entries:

Autodesk Vault Professional Server 2014 English Win 32-64bit (2.58 GB)

Autodesk Vault Professional Server 2014 English Win 32-64bit (442 MB)

From the size alone it would appear that the first one would be a full install?

I am pulling down all three but am not sure which to use and how.

Also notice in the attahced image that the last pieces (442 MB) only has an option for "Install Now". No download is available.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: tahdesign1

your looking in the wrong area

you need to look here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18164596&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
tahdesign1
in reply to: DarrenP

OK I see now where to get the subscriptions release. Thank you.

But can someone explain waht the softwares are the "extras" area of the product download page?

As I said one in the extra area is larger than the download in the software area and the smaller one can not be downloaded but only installed.

I would like to know what these are before I proceed. 

Message 4 of 11
DarrenP

here are the differences between the 3 (install now, Download Now, Browser)

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
DarrenP

the one that is under software is the vault pro client

the one that is under extras is the vault pro server (adms console)

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
tahdesign1

Thank You

I realized that after I had pulled down the files and saw the VPC and VPS in the self extracting file names.

We are just moving into Pro and was not expecting the client to be a different install than what is delivered with the IV software.

So that being the cases I would assume in my software deployment I would not included the Vault Client included in the software?

I would deploy the software and then install the client from this download on the workstations?

So that leaves the final question, what is the small download (442 MB) in the extras area.

There is no option to download it just to install it. Would this be a patch that should be applied after the server is installed?

I would assume that if so it would go in before the subscription release is applied?

Message 7 of 11
DarrenP

the vault service packs are on the autodesk.com website

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21897709&linkID=9261341

Sp 1 for vault 2014 is required before installing the Autodesk Vault 2014 Subscription Release 1

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
DarrenP

@Anonymous wrote:

So that leaves the final question, what is the small download (442 MB) in the extras area.

There is no option to download it just to install it. Would this be a patch that should be applied after the server is installed?

442mb is the compressed download size from this link http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html: Delivers a complete standalone installation package with up to 50% compression and automatic download resumption after connection interruptions. Very similar to Download Now but you will not have any deployment options.  It is typically a Standalone installation of the software.

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
tahdesign1

Thank You.

I have now downloaded everything including the service pack.

However I am still grey on that small download from the "extra" area (442 MB). If it is not a sp then what is it?

Message 10 of 11
tahdesign1

Sorry I was reply at the same time you were.

So basically the the two downloads in the "extra" area are the same in different compression formats and installation methods.

The smaller one states that you would not have a deployment option but why would you do that with a server software anyway.

So I have downloaded both but will just keep the larger full package.

Thank you for all your help

Message 11 of 11
DarrenP

yea don't know why download now would be an option for the vault server because you can't create a deployment of it

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report