Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 Subscription Release 1 Web Client - Error Illegal Characters Item

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mdellunto
492 Views, 6 Replies

Vault 2014 Subscription Release 1 Web Client - Error Illegal Characters Item

Hi Guys,

Testing the new 2014 Subscription Release web client I get the following error when I click on the Item Master link. There is a fix for 2015 but not 2014.

Would really would like the button to work. Maybe someone can shard some light on what characters vault doesn't like so we can remove them. Or any other work around

item.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
j_spiradek
in reply to: mdellunto

You must install all the hotfixes to the AVP 2014 SR1.

Jakub Spiradek
MAT.net.pl
Autodesk Gold Partner
Message 3 of 7
mdellunto

Hi Kubass,

I have all service packs and hot fixes install for SR1 sp1 hotfix 1 and 2 plus the two hotfixes before SP1 for SR1

2014servicepacks.png

Message 4 of 7
zongjie.ng

Hi mdellunto,

As mentioned in the other thread, the error illegal characters item issue has been fixed in a future release and from your reply you mentioned that you have opened a support case for it. Please do wait for the upcoming release of hotfix. I will keep a look out for it and when it gets released on any of the hotfix, i will update over here as well. Thank you!

As for the illegal characters that are causing the error, try not to use any of the following characters: ~!@#$%^&*()";:,.><?/\

Hope this will help.

Message 5 of 7
zongjie.ng
in reply to: zongjie.ng

I just tested it once more and the characters that are illegal includes:

" > <

The below characters are allowed:
~!@#$%^&*();:,. ?/\
Message 6 of 7
mdellunto

Hi zongjie.ng,

I took a look and we have thousands of entrys with " in the title it would just not be possbile to remove them all. I did open a support case with Autodesk and they said they passed it off to the dev team and then closed my case. It is hard to believe that something is going to be fixed when my supoort case is closed with out any solution. Basicly I have to hope in good faith that Autodesk will one day fix this problem. So I have turned to the forums for user help.

Message 7 of 7
mdellunto

We had someone remove all the item names with " in them. I have no idea how long it took them but kinda feel bad for them. The solution provided was correct and did work. I would highly suggest Autodesk fix this problem. It is never good thing for a double quotation mark to break any feature of a program.

Thank you very much zongjie for helping us get this feature working.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report