Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014 - SP1 - Install issue

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
MattH_Work
1072 Views, 9 Replies

Vault 2014 - SP1 - Install issue

Trying to install SP1 and getting an error similar to the following

Capture1.JPG

This happened with Vault 2012 ( see http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-2012-SP1-Install-issue/td-p/3205292 ) and 2013

Feels like the installer is trying to patch a version of file X that is different to the one installed. Factory Design Suite installed first (including Vault), Product Design Suite installed second, Building Design suite third, if the patch installer is looking for file X from PDS but only finding file X from FDS then it fails.

Can we make sure the installer looks for file X in general as oppsoded to one from a specific design suite?

In my case I can just uninstall Vault Basic (actually using Vault Pro) and continue with SP1 upgrade, others may not be in same position

On a related note, when the installer fails, rolls back, and quits altogether on Vault Basic, why does it not then at least 'try' to install Vault Workgroup & or Vault Pro updates

Regards

MattH

MattH
Product Design Collection 2024
Vault Pro 2024
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: MattH_Work

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reporting this issue.  We are trying to reproduce the issue and so far we do not have any success.

Could you please share your install order? Also please let us know what are the software you have selected to install when you install the Suites. We will replicate the same to reproduce the issue.

Can you also provide the image of the SP1 install progress window when this error 1328 pops up? We want to know which file is failing for update.

Thanks for your help.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 10
drobbie
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

I too am having this issue.

It is happening on both my laptop Win7 SP1 and a Client's server Server 2008 R2 Standard.

I have download the service pack several times and it still happens so I have ruled out a bad download.

I can only assume it has to do with a Windows update that has been applied.

Douglas Robbie

Sr. Solutions Engineer

M2 Technologies

www.m2t.com

Message 4 of 10
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: drobbie

Hi Douglas,

I am just repeating the same request again which i sent to Matt.

We are trying to reproduce the issue and so far we do not have any success.

Could you please share your install order? Also please let us know what are the software you have selected to install when you install the Suites. We will replicate the same to reproduce the issue.

Can you also provide the image of the SP1 install progress window when this error 1328 pops up? We want to know which file is failing for update.

Thanks for your help.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 10
jcoleman

I am having the exact same problem.  I click ignore when I get the error but it rolls back and doesn't install Autodesk Building Design Standard 2012.  My file it's looking for is PT8E1C.tmp under C:\Config.Msi

Message 6 of 10
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: jcoleman

We are trying to reproduce the issue and so far we do not have any success.

Can you also provide the image of the SP1 install progress window when this error 1328 pops up? We want the image showing both the progress bar and the error. We would like to find out which file is failing for update.

Thanks!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
jcoleman

I am an architect, not a computer programmer.  Can you please provide a little more info on what you want me to send you and how I would go about finding the info you need me to send you. This is the error I got: error.jpg

When I clicked Ignore, it still failed to install.  I went to the config.msi folder where these tmp files were being stored and deleted them and tried to start all over.  Now I don't get the error but the install simply fails.  The log says that it's rolling back at the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010.  I tried installing the version of this that comes with the software but when I do, I get this problem: error2.jpg

Message 8 of 10
jcoleman

I found the install file.  See attached. 

This is an excerpt from the file just before the rollback started: 

2013/8/1:09:16:23 Linda Kreczkowski S5P-LAPTOP007 Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86): C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_BDS_Standard_2012_English_Win_64bit\3rdParty\x86\VCRedist\2010\vcredist_x86.exe /q /l C:\Users\LINDAK~1\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x86_2010.log
2013/8/1:09:16:26 Linda Kreczkowski S5P-LAPTOP007 Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

Message 9 of 10
jcoleman

I might just be a dumb architect Smiley Very Happy but I figured out a work around.  I had a second laptop that had the exact same versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 loaded on it and I had no problem installing the software.  The only difference was that the second laptop already had AutoDesk Design Review 2013 installed on it.  So I went back to the laptop that I couldn't install on, and downloaded and installed the free viewer (using the "alternate" method desribed in this post because of course, the basic installer didn't work either ((really, what does work with AutoDESK anymore these days!!! Smiley Mad))  ).  Once I loaded the 2013 viewer, I was able to go back and load the BDS Standard 2012 no problem!

Problem solved.  

To think I was going to go down the circuitous route desribed in this post which calls for uninstalling the Microsoft C++ 2010 version, creating a Windows restore point just in case, and then installing the BDS software. 

Thankfully I didn't have to do that.  

Message 10 of 10
marina.collet

We got the same problem today. It happened on a computer with Basic and Workgroup clients.

Install failed for the Vault Basic Client and I was not offered to ignore the issue.

I "simply" repaired the Vault Basic in the "Uninstall or change a program" feature. It took ca. 30 seconds.

I ran the SP setup again and it went through for Vault Basic, and continued with the Vault Workgroup without any failure either.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report