Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2014-Sharepoint 2010 error runing BCS command while searching vault files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
aguitton116
675 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2014-Sharepoint 2010 error runing BCS command while searching vault files

Hi,

I spent my afternoon to try to configure sharepoint integration for vault pro 2014.

I installed a new sharepoint server on a windows 2008 R2 server (test machine) with everything by default, except that vault pro server was already installed and using port 80.

My Sharepoint default site uses port 21151 so when i'm on the server, I use this URL http://localhost:21151

I used it in every setting I had to go through using the help files installed with the integration files.

I had to use the solution provided here to have the BCS model runing : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Vault-2013-BDC-Model/td-p/3737046/highlight/true/page/2

Everything then looked great until I add the permissions. I couldn't add "all authenticated users" so i only added a couple of know users. I'm almost sure that my problem comes from but anyway.

I continued my settings until I tried to use the vault lists. Then I get the error message joined : "Error runing BCS command in Autodesk.Vault.BCSConnect: 301

The VaultSearch page doesn't work either and gives another error message which says something like "the web application could not be found at the following address : http://25.98.110.24:21151/VaultSearch/

I had the 2nd message when I tried to access my server from another computer using Hamachi to create a VPN (it's the Hamachi IP that I use instead of the server name). I couldn't see the VaultSearch page either on the server itself (locally connected).

So is it user/permission related or something else ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Redmond.D
in reply to: aguitton116

Error 301 means an invalid username or password.  Go to the Vault Settings page in SP and set the username and password.  Make sure to check the box next to the password when setting a password value.

I'm not familiar with the error message in your VaultSearch results page.  I don't think the search feature is a "web application".  Are you using the Federated Results web part? 

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
aguitton116
in reply to: Redmond.D

Thanks Doug, I'll give it a try tonight because now I'm in vault advanced training in Paris and I have to reboot my station in order to get access to my VPN and connect to my sharepoint server.

On the other hand I do use the federated results as it's explained in the help.

Message 4 of 4
aguitton116
in reply to: aguitton116

Thanks a lot, it works (both lists and search page). Now I can say "I did it !" 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report